Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ah, Aquarion. Say what you will about the show, the characters, or the mech design itself, it has the GREATEST attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Given that Z has Aquarion and Eureka 7 combined with Turn A and Gundam X, I have to wonder why there weren't more complaints of the former two's love of moon vandalism. Or maybe I just missed them.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

They're saving this for Z3. I refuse to believe that Banpresto would leave something this beautiful in a cutscene.

I want to believe, but unfortunately, Pierre is not the protagonist, so I doubt it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

It is time to begin the Lelouch torturing.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tobias Grant posted:

He actually is important in the show, though. I don't remember if it came up before, but it reveals that Lelouche isn't the first person C.C. made a pact with, and that there are others out there with Geass powers.

He's also there so that a later scene doesn't come completely out of left field.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

...So, in order to figure out where Mao is hiding, Zero has to stay extremely still and not move, even in order to defend himself?

That...isn't the stupidest plan from him I've ever heard, but it's down there.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

veekie posted:

The pilot's seat for the Gawain is a throne?

You expected anything else from Code Geass?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

AradoBalanga posted:

So, which route split will be kept Caphi?

Yes. And it's supposed to be taken seriously.
Code Geass really is the best unintentional comedy at times.

We haven't even gotten to the really crazy stuff yet.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

...Aslan? Is this also Super Narnia Wars now? Or is that supposed to be an alternative translation of Athrun? But you use Athru later in the update and :psyboom:

Anyway, I vote team comedy. Gainer, Jiron, Garrod, Apollo, and I don't care who else.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Caphi posted:

No, it's a joke I forgot to go back and make sure didn't actually get published. How much do you care about it? (I'm apparently on the ball enough to make sure that no character dialogue actually uses it.)

I was just mostly confused because it was inconsistent, but that makes slightly more sense.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I can't tell what is more impressive there; Crowe's little speech, or Ime's bullshitting prowess.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

So basically the best loving things?

But that would make DRAGOONs the best loving things, and I refuse to acknowledge anything from SEED as best anything.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Keeping the episode title until the end in that mission was great. Even if you recognize the episode there's still that brief moment of "this is SRW, maybe they'll let him survive somehow..." right until it hits.

Course, it's what the original anime did as well.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, but it's a nice use of it here because even if you know G-L you still have that moment of wondering if maybe the plot'll twist itself around here because SRW.

This is their debut in a SRW game, though; debuting series generally have their plots go pretty similar unless it would result in them being unplayable (see: Ideon, Eva)

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I've played the game. At least once you reach Z2.2, this isn't true even for the debuting series. :allears:

Yeah, but lets face it; that ending was ASKING for a SRW rewrite.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Let's Play Code Geass: The Game (with added Gundams, Scopedogs, and Megadeuses).

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Alacron posted:

Oh yeah, I vaguely recall something about Renton writing on the moon.

Man, this game is seriously packed to the gills. I'd totally forgotten that E7 and Dancouga were in Z2 until this update. It's really hard to keep track of all this poo poo.

Z Spoilers, but writing...isn't the correct term for it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wasn't Kill Em All Tomino for Ideon?

Because it probably should have been, if not.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

AradoBalanga posted:

Garzey's Wing, for all of the flaws per second it has, gets a few respect points from me because it was indeed Tomino's first major project after recovering from his worst bout of depression. Seriously, Tomino was a mental wreck during Victory Gundam, and it shows in his work. And yes, Brain Powered was Tomino's second post-depression project. And no, it's not Tomino's response to Evangelion like about a million people think it is. It's...well, it's...Tomino getting back into doing a full series again for one thing. And...it's a weird series, to say the least.

It does have one thing in common with Evangelion (and Victory Gundam, for that matter:) the opening is a lying liar that lies.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Also jesus Caphi, you went all out with the Gundams this chapter.

This is a 'Setsuna does stuff' chapter. NOT having all available Gundams out is a waste.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

veekie posted:

The weirdness here is that Athrun makes fairly intelligent Haros and robot birds more or less casually. Apparently it's just Naturals who suck at programming.

This is CE. Naturals suck at everything.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

GodofDiscord posted:

:sweatdrop: Good observation there. I failed to notice this at all. But yeah let's see what happens in Area 11 besides the whole Euphie thing. Maybe other things will happen...
remind me who else was accompanying the Code Geass people?

Wing dudes and VOTOMS.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

...I just wanna see Aim for the Heavens! GunLagann.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yay, it's once again for 'Code Geass with other robots!'

But one of the other robots is the Big O, so it's okay.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Brunom1 posted:

And Chiriko. I am disappointed that you forgot Chiriko! :colbert:

Hey, in my defense Chirico doesn't do much. He kinda just stands there.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Ohgi is seriously the worst creepiest motherfucker in all of Code Geass.

And considering what kind of show Code Geass is, that's saying something.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Sorry, but that should be saved for Z2.2. :colbert: Nothing better than ruining Ribbons' hopes and dreams of a Reborns vs Nu duel by having Amuro show up in the Turn A.

But I like Loran! I think he's a great fit for the moustache gundam.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah, I'm just gonna keep calling it Shin. I mean, no offense to you, I'm sure you have your reasons, even if I didn't fully understand them, but I know it as Shin Getter Robo.

They're still Lakche and Sety to me, dammit!

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

We'll be the best at space.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Materant posted:

Maybe get Neo Getter Robo so Jack can get in on that. It's the thing I never knew I wanted until now.

No Chibodee? Because I want the Gundam Max Revolver in more things.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Huh, so that was the Dai-Guard Finale? Fun.

I will say, the core looking like Dai-Guard makes a decent amount of sense when we've got Ime around summoning these things and generally being a massive prick, but I have to wonder if it makes any sense at all in the show.

It makes as much sense as anything else in Dai-Guard.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Caphi posted:

A mere human dares raise his hand against me?
We're not just any humans! We're salarymen!
What are you talking about?
You know that doesn't mean anything, Akagi?
It means that keeping the peace is our livelihood! If we let him beat us, our lives as we know them are over!
It's up to us as workers to take him down!

How long have you two been piloting Dai-Guard with Akagi? You'd think you would have gotten used to this after the first two sorties.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

TARDISman posted:

Didn't it also have Iczer-1 or was that L? I can't remember which one had it but it raised a fair amount of poo poo for being another series that had powered armor instead of proper giant robots.

Iczer was in L, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Montegoraon posted:

The most inexcusable contrivance of Lockon's death here is that he was even in the battle at all after losing his eye. Their medical technology was advanced enough that they could have regrown his eye, they just didn't have the weeks needed to do it. They needed him to pilot because the four Gundams were really all they had. But at this stage, even story-wise, GOONZ is so large that a single pilot out of commission to heal isn't going to be missed in battle.

It's the same thing as 'of course Mu has to tank that shot for the Archangel. There's no way Mazinkaiser could do it!' in J. Super Robot Wars likes their dramatic deaths, even if they usually can be prevented.

• Locked thread