Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

From what I understand from plot summaries - Destiny's biggest failing seems to be that it wasn't very well planned out (as evidenced by the fact they change which character you're supposed to sympathise with halfway through the loving show) and that the writers couldn't seem to decide how closely they wanted to hew to the Zeta mould. If it had had a more coherent plot planned out from the start and they'd gone all the way either with being a Zeta homage or its own thing.

I believe the biggest failing of SEED Destiny was the fact that either the director or the creator is unhappy that people like the SRW versions of his sh....oddy anime better than his version. If you hadn't screwed up the first time, we'd have liked Destiny more and not wished Astray were in more games. Or maybe that's just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

I may one of the odd men out, because I'm not a very big fan of Code Geass.While I don't hate it, personally to me the only good things were the robots and Kallen's being a badass. Everything else is just kinda boring or irritating and it got more of the latter as the series went on to what I think was a very poor ending.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

That sounds kinda interesting but dumb, I'll get around watching it sooner or later.

Oh really? In the movie Dewey Novac is a pedophile. His victims? The Gekkostate minus Renton and Eureka. Thanks whoever made that movie.

Spoiled just in case.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Caphi posted:

I know why the songs are different. I'm just lamenting them being worse.

Now I feel bad, because I liked the E7 movie music. But yes, Days is sorely missed.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

If you're talking about the main character of the movie of the anime that was in Z1 that's so much worse and so thoroughly bad here compared to how he was Z1 to the point that it seems like even Banpresto hated that loving trainwreck of a movie that derailed a perfectly good series *DEEP BREATH* then a ways on. If it is who I think it is we'll be meeting them during the next route split.

The only thing good about the movie was that the main character was less of a wuss than the tv show. Otherwise, yeah the movie wasn't very good. At least not the point I'd watch it again.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Sorry for this in advance.

I'm the kind of person who thinks Eureka 7 can't win in SRW games. Either you get TV Eureka where Eureka is good and Renton learns to be better but gets his teeth kicked in by Holland who acts like a giant man-child for most of the story for no reason and the Gekkostate decides to crap all over Renton the whole time. Or you get movie Eureka 7 in which Renton isn't a punching bag but you deal with MUKYU! MUKYU!, Eureka's terrible skills, all the Gekkostate being useless AGAIN, and a robot that gets worse as it gets stronger.

Oh well, it's better than Eureka 7 AO which while it's story might fix the Z series better, is full of annoying characters and a very subpar story.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Do the Macross Frontier and Eureka 7 units stop being bad in Z2.2? I'd hope that enough people would have complained about then so they would be forced to improve them. After all it would be silly to keep then exactly the same over games right?

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Doesn't Zambot 3 have that thing in Z1, where Keiko can kick the bucket if you don't do something? That....kinda irritated me, but at the same time was right in there with Tomino's kill em all mindset at the time.

SaitoBatch fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 2, 2013

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

If I'm to be honest, I didn't really like Z1 all that much. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game, but I just for some reason I can't explain, don't like it as much as some of the other games like the portable ones and the Alpha series. I love Z2 though so I can't really explain it.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

So here's my question, can someone explain how ATs can go into space and not utterly suck? I honestly want to call BS, but I know your team can do it with not space mechas like Arm Slaves in other SRT games.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Odds are unfortunately fairly good that Z3 is going to replace Aquarion with Aquarion Evol. Probably Eureka 7 with AO too.

I honestly hope they just add Evol and AO instead of replacing them. Cause I wanna see how people respond to double Renton and "I found my smelly wench!"

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

So I guess that movie Eureka 7 isn't like Dai-Guard in that they can be made good with the right parts and junk? Wow, how disappointing. But I guess Salary-men beat child soldiers every time.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Viola the Mad posted:

I think it has more to do with hate for the movie than for the robot.

Makes sense. I hate Gundam SEED Destiny and Fafner and never use those Units as much as possible when I play SRT games. As much as I'd like to be a blatant hypocrite and demand Caphi use the Nirvash, I'm not that much of a jerk.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Viola the Mad posted:

Hey, if you want Nirvash, vote for Nirvash.

Just out of curiosity, could you put up with Destiny in Z? I'm not familiar with the game or the anime myself, but everyone agrees that Z Destiny is better than Seed Destiny.

I don't need movie Nirvash, I get to see Dai-Guard! And in Z.....yes. I really hate SEED Destiny, but if I had to use then or someone verbally bitch slapped Shinn from the get go, then I tolerate it's existence more.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

I guess they couldn't just use pre-recorded stuff for those two huh? I guess it might just be a matter of pride...or not finding anyone else willing to do the voices.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

thetruegentleman posted:

Bury him, then have the bad guys dig him back up and zap him back to life (looking at you, Dr. Hell) in order to study spiral power. After that, he would probably end up in the hands of some other evil dude who brainwashes him until Simon punches him in the face.

Honestly though, I'd rather give Simon the chance to escape Kamina's shadow, since he never really does in his own series as the result of the tonal shift.

So basically, do what they did to Master Asia in R? I like it.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Genaro posted:

And then he did that other series with the world introduced in Dunbine! Who could ever forget Garzey's Wing?

Anyone who's seen it. Sorry, I meant everyone who's ever suffered through that.....abomination. But Tomino recovered right? Didn't he make something after that? I think it was Brain Powerd but I'm not at all sure.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Endorph posted:

Escaflowne was in one, but, uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NGWx4WrcLg

It's not exactly pretty.

Well, it might sound crappy, but I'm impressed they bothered to at least try and put the music in.

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

KDavisJr posted:

We may never see it in SRW, but someone has drawn what it would look like:

Pics like that make me wish they used some stuff from the manga of giant robot shows. The Gurren Lagann manga had Simon able to combine with more than just the Gurren to become bigger and badder. Can you say Simon and Yoko combo of a Gunner type Gurren Lagann?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaitoBatch
Jun 16, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

I don't know for sure how it plays out in Z2 but, in Z, Renton and Gainer sort-of went through a "Magikarp Power" growth (like Ibis, in OGs); they start off abysmal in all stats but their status growth increases a lot more than the other pilots' as they level up - to the point where they're great pilots by the end.

I hope that's the case here because, if it isn't, then this Renton sucks even more that I thought.

The only way this Renton could suck worse is if he got kicked around like TV Renton. And this is coming from someone who doesn't utterly hate the movie. To me it's boring as crap except for one part which was just offensive to me.

• Locked thread