Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

vilkacis posted:

What have they done to this poor robot? Haros are supposed to be green, man, green.

You better not watch Gundam 00, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Drop the Nova Eagle and Duo.

Also, the music in this game is amazing. So many awesome remixes of already awesome themes. Is it possible to get it somewhere, or is it considered ?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Caphi posted:

That's... way too many. Help! (If it helps, I can warn you that all the main characters (Crowe, Alto, Setsuna, Heero, Aoi, Simon, Agaki, Watta, Kouji, Ryoma, and Takeru) all have special dialogue.)

I'm tempted to say "Let's deploy all of them then!", but I won't. Let's see now...

Brasta, the Gundams (Wing, Deathscythe, Exia, Dynames, Kyrios, Virtue), Alto, Michel, Ozma, Getter and Gurren-Lagann.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Omnicrom posted:

One after the other and Do the Public Team First, I want the world to know the suffering of the next stage.

This intrigues, so I'm also voting for this.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Since it was mentioned in this chapter, I feel obliged to post Lin Minmei singing Do You Remember Love.

Obviously it contains spoilers for the original Macross, and is in parts because of gore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wckZcVFLU24

And while I'm at it, have also the version of Aimo that plays in this particular Macross Frontier episode (video is spoiler-free, but there's spoilers in related videos).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAXyxJmy-W4

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Let's go up to space.

Also, I'm really enjoying this LP. I love giant robots but could never get into Super Robot Wars, not even the ones that were translated into English, so it's nice to watch someone else play them. Thanks

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Aw man

I'm sad to see this one go, since when playing any SRW game I can never get past the first few missions before losing interest since I don't really like the gameplay. I really would have liked to see how this game goes on.

On the other hand, I can completely understand why you would drop this. I once started a translation project on my own, and lost the will to continue about halfway through; if other people didn't come by to help I would have completely dropped the project, and even though it only took about ten months to finish it I was feeling burned out by the end. I can only imagine what it would mean to keep going on something you don't really want to do for more than a year.

Thanks for playing this far, and best of luck for everything you decide to do in the future

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Seeing the robots in action in this LP, I suddenly regret never watching Gravion. Should I?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Viola the Mad posted:

I think I'm with Tieria on these guys. What the gently caress is Aquarion? Do I need to watch this show?

Yes you do. Right now, in fact.

To give a basic run-down, it's what happens when Shoji Kawamori gets bored: a super robot shows that knows exactly how over the top and nonsensical it is, gives ZERO FUCKS about it, and just rolls along with the fun. With a fantastic soundtrack by Yoko Kanno, to boot.

I love Aquarion so much it's not even funny

VVVV EVOL's first half is perfectly fine, it's a shame it goes downhill after that. Could have been really good.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 1, 2013

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Aw, man. Having watched Gurren Lagann I knew what was coming, but it's still sad as hell

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Celestial Being route, and pick Ranka for the secret (note that I have no idea what the secret actually is, Ranka is just my favorite character among the three of them ).

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Never change, Setsuna. Never, ever change

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Aaaaaargh, for once I'm really torn between the two options

I really want to vote space because of SMS, Celestial Being and Aquarion, but on the other hand Daitarn Gurren Lagann Getter Mazinger why do you do this to me, Z2?

I'm going with space on this one, but it was a hard decision.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

This part is a loose adaptation of Macross Frontier episodes 13 and 14.

How it goes down in the show: Alto and Ranka are flying home after some poo poo's happened, but they are shot down by someone. Ranka is kidnapped and brought to a Macross-class ship, which she finds eerily familiar despite having no memory of ever being there. Alto goes to the rescue, but Ranka is carried away by Vajra to their hive.

A rescue is mounted, and Alto is almost able to rescue Ranka thanks to her singing making the Vajra stop in their tracks. Brela swoops in, carries Ranka away, and announces that Alto is not worthy of her.

In the show Sheryl is nowhere near the action.

Why exactly the Vajra kidnapped Ranka, specifically, is a spoiler which we'll probably have answered in later missions.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 18, 2014

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Kallen and Kei.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Ali You're a terrible person but a wonderful villain

e: oh snap, page snipe. Update is near the bottom of the previous page!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

>...now, that would be a different story.

Because no one has voted for this yet and I love being contrary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Congrats on finishing the LP!

I especially like Super Robot Wars LPs since I enjoy the story and character interactions but I really don't care for the gameplay so thanks!

• Locked thread