Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
You're actually doing this? Godspeed.

I'm almost done with my first playthrough of this, and it's a great amount of fun. I'm not super attached to Crowe, but maybe that's not being able to read what he says. I'm looking forward to finding out what's been going on!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

AzraelNewtype posted:

They also insisted on DyGenGuar for Sanger's upgraded mech, ruining the joke. Doubly so since the text after the mission is full of the cast joking about what their own personal mechs would be like, all of which were called Dy[Name].

To be fair, the only real way to translate that and keep half the pun is to use the unforgivably dumb 'DySanger'. Which also makes anything relating back to the original name complete nonsense. It's an untranslatable pun across three languages, deal with it.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

I personally like Kouji with Support Attack, but I like Support Attack in general. He needs E-Save for sure, and after that you can't really go wrong because Mazinger is amazing. I love how it gets to shine in this game after a decade or so of being the robot you deal with until they unlock Mazinkaiser.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Bardiel gets that a lot. In Alpha Shin Getter rolls up, scares Unit 01 back to normal, and wipes out Bardiel in one hit.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

This is probably the wrong Japan for that, but I'm still voting for more Mazinger. MAZIN GO!

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

I run all super robots all the time. If you're not brightly coloured and piloted by someone whose primary motivation is justice, GET OFF MY TEAM.

(okay, Amuro can come too)

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Yesssssssssssssss Godmars. I started watching it because of this game, and it's actually surprisingly good. True, nothing ever moves, but it's got a fun little story and they use a lot of stylish tricks to try and cover up the low budget. In some ways, I like it better for not moving and not just in an in-jokey way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

Caphi posted:

Back on the Quarter, a little girl greets Alto as he climbs out of his plane. It turns out to be Klan, who has a rare genetic condition that makes her turn into a little girl when miclonized.

Dammit Macross.

quote:

• Trider G7
  • Shuttle
  • Gaia/Godmars
  • Gundam Exia
  • Gundam Kyrios
  • Gundam Virtue
  • Nova Eagle/Dancouga Nova
  • Getter Robo
  • Mazinger Z
  • Aphrodite A
  • Dai-Guard
  • Brasta

And screw real robots! Just smash everything!

• Locked thread