Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Dai-Guard trying its hardest to emulate Mazinger Z is just the most precious thing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Triangler is an amazing theme.

Drop Kyrios and the Nova Eagle.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Silentman0 posted:

Fun fact: The only robot in the entire SRW franchise that has a perfect attendance record (outside of the OG games) is Boss Borot. Unless you consider the two Z2 chapters separate stories.

No, apparently Boss Borot was absent from the first SRW, but he's been in every single one since.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Broken Loose posted:

Holy cow, it didn't even occur to me that this was a path split. And yeah, for those of you who vote, that means 9 units won't get to deploy. We jumped into the meat of the game quite fast.

And it's only going to get worse by far in regards to unit deployment. There's a reason why the Squad system was a thing, and by god I wish it'd stayed around for Z2.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

GOONZ is the only way to go.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Eh, just send out all the cool guys.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Going with the Ptolomaios.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

gently caress Aim and the Arietes forever. gently caress this route split forever.

His theme can stay though, it's a shame it's stuck on such a bastard.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Oh Dancougar, I've missed you so.

Also yeah, an intermission sounds good right now. We've got so many people at this point we probably need a moment to sort through them.

Materant fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 30, 2012

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

TK-31 posted:

Clearly we should send the Ptolemy off to farm kills every chance we get.

The Ptolomaios has no weapons at the moment, however, since this is a New Game + run, and we can see Sumeragi has kills, we can probably infer it picks a weapon up at some point.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

TK-31 posted:

That's one hell of a stage, that you actually overcome all these odds (when the heroes of Gundam 00 failed at it, no less!)

Admittedly, you have a lot more dudes than Celestial Being did during that fight. It's not literally 4 vs. 120 anymore, and that changes a lot of that fight.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

BlitzBlast posted:

If you don't like God Mars killing things with the power of 80s animation, you have no soul.

Also the opening cinematics for Z2 show everything in 3D but all of the actual animations are 2D. Why must Banpresto tease us like this?!

And even there Godmars had no real animation to speak of. It's amazing how thoroughly they stuck to the joke.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Son Ryo posted:

'Wasn't really great' is about the only way to describe Orguss, as someone who regularly watches all the shows that get into SRW. It certainly wasn't boring-- it managed to keep my attention throughout the whole series, which is more than I can say for God Mars-- but it was really only barely above average. But to my knowledge (which really just means I don't want to look it up, but I'm pretty sure) Orguss was never in a SRW game before Z.

Orguss indeed was never in an SRW game before (or aside from) Z.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Daler Mehndi posted:

Yes, well, kind of, but it's hard to play Z1 and Z2 without having Orguss spoiled. I've only watched a few episodes of Orguss but I have a vague idea of what's going to happen already.

The same could be said of any anime in this game. This is probably not a good game series to follow if you care about remaining unspoiled.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Endorph posted:

Speaking of Lunamaria, I wish she was a better unit, because her name is Lunamaria loving Hawke. Someone with a name like that should be piloting a super robot, not the Sloppy Seconds Gundam.

It sorta sucks that the SEED guys' asses are glued to their seats, because Lunamaria's a good enough pilot that you want to give her a try in one of the other mechs. At least, she was good enough for me in Regeneration that she got screen time for at least two-thirds of the game.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

GilliamYaeger posted:

Oh, Aquarion. All I did with it was give it a couple of Morale boosting gear to get it up to 130 will at the start of a mission, Hit and Away, and all the range boosting items I could get a hold of.

1-17 range Mugen Punch every single turn. It was amazing.

Apollo was basically my go-to guy for blasting guys I really didn't want in a formation out of it. It's ridiculous how much range and power the Mugen Punch has at times. My only problem with him is that he kinda-sorta zones all the other snipers if you play him that way.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

ImpAtom posted:

The only reason she probably got the short end of the stick in Z was because they couldn't get her voice actress back.

This is literally the exact reason, by the by. It's also why Dearka didn't make an appearance: the two washed their hands of the roles.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Big O is a pretty massive game-changer if you're used to money hoarding, because you don't have to worry about repair costs so long as he's deployed and alive by the end of the map. You don't really think about it either until you see it because it's a tactical RPG, usually zero sacrifices is the way to go. Big O basically frees you to zerg maps with a minimum of caution and it's pretty amazing for that.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

At least they realized in Saisei-hen that if you're going to go for long, you might as well go for flashy too.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

I think we can guess who uploaded that video. Crowe isn't particularly subtle at times.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

A thing that seems to have been glossed over is that the specV only has two attacks. And they're both garbage. It takes skill to gently caress up your upgrade so bad it's worse than what you used to have.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Ardeem posted:

Now I want a SRW with Gekiganger 3 and Mazinkaizer just so Johnny and Jun can hang around and be giant robot cowboy buddies.

Maybe get Neo Getter Robo so Jack can get in on that. It's the thing I never knew I wanted until now.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

GimmickMan posted:

NEO had Patlabor.

Even Terada himself wants more Patlabor in SRW.

I don't recall Patlabor in Neo :confused:

Maybe you're thinking of OE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

GimmickMan posted:

Did they seriously foreshadow Jigoku-Hen with Marin and Jiron's dialogue there? Z3 series inclusion spoiler: I'm assuming that the mention of the ice caps is about Evangelion. I like how they've made the dialogue retroactively more amusing. :allears:

Part of me wonders just how far they've been planning ahead with this series.

• Locked thread