Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Caphi posted:

Oh, okay. I didn't actually watch 00 so I'm not clear on the difference between MS bots, solar bots, and Solar Furnace bots (and which ones are which).

Good rule of thumb is, if the back of the MS is spewing out fairy dust of any color ,then it's got a Solar Furnace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

I would think most people have their main characters take out their respective series antagonists.

I know I sure as hell do. It just feels right.

Also , as awesome as Daiguard is , for me at least , its damage always seems to be a bit behind most of the other supers. That's not to say it doesn't have a dedicated slot on most of my teams, if only for it's other functionality.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Tobias Grant posted:

The thing about Dai-Guard is that later on, (gameplay spoiler) almost every one of its attacks will pierce barriers, which is a loving godsend against the DAMON. Give Akagi B-save and he'll be Knot Punishing dudes all day erryday

Yeah , that's pretty much how I've got it set up. On average he's gonna be putting out the same amount of damage as just about everything else, it's just that the higher end robots will be putting out way higher numbers with their best attacks.

I'm in no way saying Daiguard is a bad unit. I just like seeing ridiculously high damage counts.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Man, I loved how they start Zechs off in his custom Leo when a lot of other games would have him in either a normal Leo or the Tallgeese.

It's just one of the multitude of little things which makes me love this game so much.

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I wasn't suggesting that a cool song was worth gimping Wing's combat potential over in the first place. It was just a nice surprise when I realised that they had thrown the track in, as I understand it hasn't appeared in very many if any SRW games featuring Gundam Wing before.

When I say "one good thing" I mean it's about the only good thing about the bird form.

In fact I can't remember any other SRW game that features that particular song. Though that could be because my mind automatically links the Wing suits with loving White Reflection.

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 27, 2012

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

Now, now. Be fair; White Reflection is as underused as Rythmn Emotion and Just Communication.

The song that always goes with Gundam Wing is Last Impression.

My mistake. I was probably thinking of Last Impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Caphi, I hope you'll show off Daiguards Drill Arm attack against flying enemies. That thing had me laughing for a good few minutes when i first saw it.

Also, I too thought that the Godmars was kinda boring initially. This was partly because the Godsigma from the last game hadn't garnered much goodwill from me as that thing seemed super generic as it was. After a while though you kinda just grow to love how little the animates. Also punching clear through stuff never gets old.

• Locked thread