Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
gently caress Gundams. Japan route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
gently caress Gundams, Get Supers.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
On the issue of Genocidrons, I'm pretty sure that those are the technical name for the enemy mooks from Gravion. I'm fairly certain that while they're known as Zeravier or something like that, later events show that their name is actually Genocidron, or however you spell that.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Whoever Caphi wants. Oh God, why are you doing this to Caph?

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Endorph posted:

I don't think anyone is here for the riveting gameplay of SRW. I mean, I have fun with it, but the gameplay's mostly an excuse to watch animations.

Yeah, echoing this. If you don't like to do gameplay sumaries or take ~300 images each update something like "these guys all attack Kouji. There ware no survivors" would probably be perfectly fun.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Echoing the remarks on the pacing. Good Job.

I also liked Gravion, dumb as it was. It was just fun.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Caphi posted:

Kind of a girly song, but I dunno, just listening's getting me pumped!
All right! Hold me to the edge of the galaxy! Winkle!
Apollo...

Oh, God, Apollo. I can actually see him pulling off the signature twinkle in my mind. And Aquarion doing the same. Its like something out of the series (with a bit of EVOL's wierdness thrown in).

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I love how Anemone couldn't have gotten her point across clearer in her conversation with Holland after the arrival of SPACE WIZARD! unless she drew diagrams for the guy, but Holland couldn't have missed it harder if he was in a cave and the point was in orbit.

I also love how the reactions of the audience go: SPAAAAAAAAAAAACE WIZARRRRRRRRRRD!:geno:, while on the other hand, Amuro:swoon:.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Great stage. I only half followed the plot of Armageddon when I watched it, so this will probably help me understand much better.

While I try to force my brain to accept Omega Getter as a name, some niggling little voice is going wrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrongwrong. Hopefully I'll be able to squash it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
The only SRW I've played that isn't OG related is J. Dancougar is kinda hilarious there, even if its plot importance is non-existant. By the end of the game you can use its finisher at like 17-18 range through the use of spirits (accael, assail and snipe), it has Three pilots with Valour, two of whom also have sprirt (the +10 will one), plus it has a skill that gives it +25% damage at 120 will or more, which stacks with valour.

Sure its defence isn't the greatest, but its offence really redeems it for me, unlike Combattler and Voltes, for whom I can't get over the issue of 'super type mobility, real type armour'.

• Locked thread