Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I know I'll probably get mocked for this, but I actually liked the original Mazinger Z series more than Shin Mazinger. Granted I'm probably a bit biased since I first saw it as the butchered, mangled mess that was Tranzor Z (but I was a kid then and knew nothing of japanese anime or dubbing).

I liked how in the beginning Koji had to learn to pilot his robot. I liked the occasions where one of Dr. Hell's robots had an honest advantage over Mazinger which required figuring out an upgrade; one of my favorites being Hell realizing Mazinger couldn't swim or fight underwater and began building machines designed to exploit that.

Shin Mazinger was just too over the top for my tastes considering I loved the original series so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

Here's the scary part: That goofy looking Haro mobile armor is actually really good. Those bubbles it fires can sink a battleship. You haven't seen true horror until you've seen what you can upgrade it into. Fear the Psycho Haro!

It looks like a giant evil Kirby...

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Hellioning posted:

Wasn't Kill Em All Tomino for Ideon?

Because it probably should have been, if not.

I believe he started to get that reputation before Ideon, that series just cemented it.

• Locked thread