Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Caphi posted:

since the Enact is a solar robot, Setsuna will deal lots of extra damage to him.
Pretty sure this isn't the case, Setsuna's ace bonus refers specifically to Gundams and units with a Solar Furnace, the Enact draws solar power from the orbital ring but a solar furnace is a completely different piece of tech to that and you shouldn't see enemies equipped with them until you're much further into the game.

Mercury Crusader posted:

SRW games, to some folks, could also be a horrible gateway drug to mecha anime.
Forget the "could be" in that statement, mecha anime is a crack habit and SRW is the dealer who hangs around at the end of your street and makes it easy for you to get the good stuff but then you just need more and in a couple of years you're turning tricks in a back alley so you can afford that bootleg copy of Ginguiser.
Wow, that analogy got away from me a bit.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Caphi posted:

Well, that just makes Setsuna's Ace Bonus even worse. I was figuring he could at least use it against all the robots from his own series, but now it's just high end robots from his own series.
Solar Furnace is another name for GN Drives so, while it may not apply that much in this game, if he keeps the same ace bonus in Saisei-hen then Setsuna will be utterly disgusting for the entire game. That's not even taking into account all the ridiculous bonuses that his gundam will keep picking up as the story goes on, I fully expect Setsuna to be at least in the top 5 most poweful units in the game and the only reason I'm not calling him guaranteed best right now is because loads of the other series are also going to be due some massive upgrades from their state at the end of Hakai-hen. I mean jesus christ I thought Keisar Ephes had to face some insane poo poo in @3 but I actually pity whoever ends up as Z2's final boss.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 29, 2012

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Screw you all and follow those Gundams!

Okay I'm actually fine with either (especially knowing what's actually on the Japan route) but it's pretty clear Japan's going to win and the 00 Gundams are sweet as so they're getting my vote.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Tobias Grant posted:

The scene where Natarle tells the Coordinators not to blow up their ship because Lacus is on board, and everyone calls her a horrible monster for it comes to mind...
Well to be fair, she was actually saying "Stop attacking, or we can't guarantee her safety" as a threat rather than "Stop attacking or you're going to get her killed you assholes" which would have been a much less dickish move while probably equally effective. So she was being a massive bitch.

SRW always makes SEED look stupid.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Blhue posted:

Having never played this, I have no idea what robot is being referred to

I have no actual idea what it is having also never played, but I also know deep down what there's only one possible thing being talked about here and it is glorious, so yeah voting for Celestial Being.

Isn't all of this voting pointless anyway given how the next updates are going to cover what happens if you take the other route at the previous split point.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

vilkacis posted:

I have no idea what's going on here, but I'm finding it hilarious.

This is literally what happens in the show, the four pilots are on approach for a mission when Setsuna just suddenly emphatically goes "Gundam... I am Gundam!" and blasts off at full speed, Allelujah and Tieria then basically say "Okay, Lockon you can babysit the kid," and fly off for their part of the mission. Throughout this Lockon is just "What the gently caress are you talking about?"
For more hilarious declarations of Gundamness, play Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3.

And yeah, Graham's dialogue when talking about the Gundams, and his impassioned declarations of love for Exia in particular are always hilarious.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 27, 2012

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

vilkacis posted:

It still sounds hilarious. I know next to nothing about Gundam beyond the original show

It is genuinely hilarious (there's a scene when they're heading for the final battle of the show where his Gundam obsession becomes utterly wonderful) but it's also possibly the most important aspect of Setsuna's character throughout the entire series. The reason for Setsuna's obsession with Gundams is (00 spoilers)when he was a child soldier he was saved by the first of the GN type Gundams flying in and instantly wiping out all of the mobile suits that were blowing poo poo up, this was pretty much a religious experience for him (not 30 seconds previously he had decided that there couldn't really be a god). Gundam doesn't really mean "powerful mobile suit with a V-fin" to him, instead it's an embodiment of bringing an end to conflict, so when he says stuff like "I am Gundam!" he's actually saying that he wants to become that embodiment himself, which is basically the driving force behind everything he does. So yeah, Setsuna is quantifiably more than a little nuts.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Oh god I can't quite express how much I love Final Godmars' dynamic kill. Just standing there and basking in the light coming off from the enemy's death explosion, truely there can be nothing more beautiful (okay that's a lie but we don't see the single better thing until Saisei).

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

I actually kind of like Seija Tanjou, nowhere near as much as the music from the series (where the gently caress is my Storywriter) which are massively superior in every way but I don't think it stands out as exceptionally bad. That other BGM from the movie in this game is an absolute atrocity against my ears though and I hate it.

This has reminded me I need to finish watching the series now, need to arrange some times with the people I'm watching with. Might have to abandon thread for a bit in case the movie spoils the series in this.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Only thing I particularly want to vote for is deploy the Kyrios as often as possible. I love that Gundam and its successors far more than is healthy.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Sticking with my massive love for the Kyrios line, I think you should give Allelujah Attack Again (he looks to have enough skill that it would be worthwhile) and Chain Actions once you can build enough PP, I can't not be in favour of turning it into a massive wrecking ball of death. I guess maybe EN Save to fill out the last slot if it's going to get as EN hungry as I think it will later on.

... I think I might have a problem when it comes to those Gundams.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Caphi posted:

(If I can take down their leader Zero, Area 11 will have peace.)

Oh Suzaku, I forgot how much of a poo poo you can be at times.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

The robot that makes up the body of God Mars is the dumpiest most adorable thing just hanging out there after ramming the enemy.

Guys I think Ime might have made Nein Industries up. It's even in the name.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

The way you talk about it suggests that King Gainer had that Overskill attack in Z but it's actually new to his list in Z2 (he did have something a little similar in K but without the after-images/clones).

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Caphi posted:

He had the Overskill Attack in Z, though the animation was probably different. It was also an ALL attack, so that's probably related.

Basically he lost Overheat and Overskill, then gained back an altered Overskill.

I'm afraid he did not. His ALL attack was Overfreeze.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Snot Man posted:

Also for Shinn, who gets saddled with Kira's theme song if I recall correctly.
No matter what anyone says, Vestige is Shinn's song not Kira's.

quote:

You grasped your strong fist and smashed it
Wishing for blood to flow from your palm
Forever, these wings and chains will be the same
With this weight I can't go anywhere
That's the first verse and I doubt anyone will disagree that the lyrics fit Shinn a hell of a lot more than they fit Kira. This would have been the BGM when Shinn has his heroic first launch in the Destiny to take on an army of LOGOS mobile suits or something (and it would have been so awesome). Pretty sure that in Z1 Shinn gets Vestige by default once he gets the Destiny while Kira and friends got You Resemble Me.

Sometimes I think about what Destiny could have been and it makes me sad.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 26, 2013

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Plus, if you're using the Wing, the Zeta fills pretty much the same role but better.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Mikl posted:

Seeing the robots in action in this LP, I suddenly regret never watching Gravion. Should I?

It's fanservicey as hell (not to Godannar levels but still gets really Obari and maids) but if you can get past that it's quite fun and the combat is good (especially as Zwei progresses). Also, Sandman is the best and it's quite neat that the main character isn't the main pilot of the Gravion (Eiji is the main character).

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 12:38 on May 18, 2013

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

HiKaizer posted:

The Flaming Soccer Kick is available if you switch out Apollo and make Pierre the pilot of Vector Sol. But that would involve not having Mugen Punch so why would you ever want to do that? There are about 5 possible pilot combinations for the Aquarion and you pick which set you want. The game doesn't let you customise who pilots what beyond that.

I thought flaming football kick was Aquarion Mars.

edit: vvv I checked, Pierre only uses Vector Mars.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 4, 2013

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

veekie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ew2euFH2JM

How the gently caress did that work?!

You cannot comprehend Foot Sword Cube.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Caphi posted:

Only to find Shirley pointing the gun at her. "G-get away from Lulu!" Before Shirley realizes what she's doing, she fires. As Viletta's consciousness slips away, her last thought to inform the Viceroy, Shirley flees...

Shoot her again Shirley. Just shoot her again. One more time and everything will be better.
e: poo poo. Update on the previous page.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Caphi posted:

Athrun's still trying to do everything himself, and Kira always overthinks everything...
I guess it's up to me! I'll give it all I've got no matter where we are!

Oh Shinn, why are you so much better in Super Robot Wars?

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

AradoBalanga posted:

I'd almost take it upon myself to LP the game, but I'd rather not spend 75% the thread pointing out continuity issues and complaints. Even if the remaining 25% of the thread would be the "Dann of Thursday Murders Everything Show".

That LP would be better on Atreem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

AradoBalanga posted:

I'd show off how 00 handled Lockon's death. If nearly every search for video featuring the death scene didn't link back to AMVs using random stupid songs over the actual death, among which includes that one goddamn Simple Plan song (you know the one).

This starts playing music at one point but it's just the show's ending starting like it always did.

Now excuse me, I think I have something in my eye.

• Locked thread