Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Omnicrom posted:

That actually happens, and it isn't your team: it's actually Kihel and the other SEELE dudes from NGE who are freaking out, "EVERYONE'S END OF THE WORLD IS HAPPENING AT ONCE AND OURS ISN'T WORKING!" And it doesn't, you kill the Mass Produced Evas like 3 times and eventually it sticks.

It's cute when they use the whole "Alien Invasion from 2 different aliens, Hau Dragon, Giganos attacks, Hyakki Empire, Mulians, and Martian Successors all attacking at once" to explain away why you don't fight all 18 angels, the prophecies of the Dead Sea Scrolls aren't happening right so causality is going all nuts.

Urgh, don't even remind me of those horrible MP EVAs.

The first fight is fine since you have Rom and his awesome morale-boosting speech but the 2nd fight, right before the final mission was horrible first off with the lack of fodder with which to build morale and how accurate those EVAs were.

I think the only mission that annoyed me more than that one was the final attack on the giganos base where you were limited to UC Gundams and Dragonar units.

I pretty much had to clear the thing with Amuro, Judau, Quatro, Camille, Light and Tap since everyone else was horribly underleveled and it was SLOOOOOW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Was Zeruel the one that took over Unit 03 (or whatever one Toji was in) or the one that actually made it into the Geofront?

Actually, I remembered the other day that I used to know a guy who worships the SRW series. He had an external HD he always carried loaded up with mecha anime, and had tons of clips of the attacks from the various games on it. He brought over a modded PS2 with all the SRW games on it and showed off random stages he thought were cool. I vaguely remember one of the Eva stages (Kom Susser Tod plays in one, right?), but the one he seemed to show off most was the Ideon Bad End/s, translating all the depressing battle quotes along the way.

That was a seriously depressing afternoon.

Tomino says "You're welcome!"

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Omnicrom posted:

Yeah, for some insane reason in the final fight with the MP Evas you fight against Saiga and Omzack of Thunder from Zeorymer and Miwa from Daimos. Both are somewhat notable, Saiga was apparently cloned because he showed up, ate a Meiou, and died earlier in the game. In addition that fight with Saiga is the ONLY time in MX where Zeorymer doesn't finish a Hau Dragon member off in an event.

Miwa meanwhile is the shithead from Daimos who caused the entire war with Barm, "Aliens are coming to negotiate a peace treaty to live on Mars? gently caress that! Assassinate their leader!" It's no surprise that in Alpha he joins up with the Titans the first chance he gets, I think he gets killed by the GENESIS cannon in Alpha 3. It was mighty nice that the Giganos Empire took him in though, I mean him being a racist earthbound human supremacist might have made the moon people think twice but it was a nice thing that in the end they gave him a commander mecha so Kazuki can shove a (giant mecha) fist in his face.

As for Zeruel yes he was the one with the stretchy paper arms and the super-powerful death beam that EVA-01 ate.

I had a very special send-off for Miwa once I saw him come out in that mech.

First, Rom went in for a God-Hand Smash as an opening pimp-smack. Then, in an assist...

HISSATSU! REPPU! SEEEEEEIKENZUKIIIIIIIIIIIII!

It helped curb my disappointment from Alpha 3 where he, indeed, died from the Genesis without even giving us a chance to do any damage.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Kata-Haro posted:

In fact I can't remember any other SRW game that features that particular song. Though that could be because my mind automatically links the Wing suits with loving White Reflection.

Now, now. Be fair; White Reflection is as underused as Rythmn Emotion and Just Communication.

The song that always goes with Gundam Wing is Last Impression.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Caphi posted:

That's pretty unusual though, because if you sweep aside the RULE THE GALAXY BWAHAHAHA!!! stuff, Zuul as he appears in Z2 thinks Earth is dangerous as hell (probably due to Z2 plot stuff) and wants to destroy it so it doesn't endanger his empire. Even in this chapter alone, everything he said made it pretty clear that he considers the Earth a hazard that cannot be allowed to exist.

Truth be told, any SRW game results in an Earth that could taken on the entire universe with all the incredibly powerful robots.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

What's wrong with its music?

It's not as good as Days or Sakura?

I want the TV Nirvash back...

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Caphi posted:

drat it, Aoi, what's the matter with your pilot suit?

Standard Japanese Uniform Rules apply: action girls must show at least 50% cleavage or remain grounded until they do so.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Oh, how do I love the Area 11 route splits.

They always focus on Code Geass and Votoms which are among my favorite series in the game.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Jeremiah Gottwald!

drat, I love that son of a gun.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

I make it a point in my Z2 playthroughs to ALWAYS torment Jeremiah whenever possible by shooting him down with Zero (even in his crummy Sutherland).

His death-cry of "ZEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAARRRGH!" sealed the deal when I heard it for the first time.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Caphi posted:

Depending on how heartless you are, you could say the same about Watta and Trider G7, or currently the entire Ptolemaios.

Do not diss the President!

I'll give you the Ptolemaios simply for the fact that it can't counter attack and EVERYTHING will try to attack it if it so much as gets within their "line-of-sight".

Still, Feldt is one of the first supporters to learn Bless so...

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

TheBystander posted:

To be fair to Code Geass (having just rewatched the first few episodes), this scene is pretty condensed. Originally, Lelouche messed up in the same way, and had to arrange for the fake phone call later in order to throw Kallen off his scent, so it wasn't nearly as silly. So far I'm enjoying this game's story, but it does suffer a bit from having to cram in multiple storylines into a really short timeframe.

I actually just got this game, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I can't wait for the LP to catch up to what I've seen, as I want to know what Zero and Kamina were fighting about soon after the foundation of the Black Knights

Most of it revolved around Kamina not trusting someone that hid behind a mask and always worked behind the real fighters (it wasn't "the MANLY WAY of fighting"). His problem with Zero was further increased by the fact that he didn't apreciate Karen, whom he viewed as unworthy, using a "another Guren".

Mind you, this rivalry reached it's peak when Zero lost his mask to the cat and Kamina recruited/drafted all Super Robot pilots into the Guren Gang and had them work to unmask the guy.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Uuurgh, the Eureka 7 movie...I can't stand to consider it on the same level as the TV series simply due to the fact that its OST can't hold a candle to either Storywriter, Days or Sakura (even though it's main unit is ALMOST as overpowered as it was in Z).

I also think that its story is a major step back when compared to the other.

Caphi posted:

I dunno what Trider depends on.

Obviously, Trider depends on the power of

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Aug 11, 2012

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Related but rather amusing, here is the concept art for Dancougar Nova.

You, uh, may notice some differences.

Seems that Obari had seen a little too much Godmars when he made that sketch.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

I just hope one day comes that Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Full Metal Panic, and Evangelion are in the same SRW together.

Don't forget VOTOMS. Never forget VOTOMS...

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

• Gaia/Godmars
  • Wing Gundam
  • Gundam Virtue
  • Gundam Exia
  • Gundam Dynames
  • Nova Eagle/Dancouga Nova
  • Getter Robo
  • Mazinger Z
  • Dai-Guard
  • Gurren-Lagann
  • VF-25F (Alto)
  • Brasta

Also, ask for BGMs and ye shall receive them:

I don't really care much for the Macross Frontier story but it does have a top notch OST (not Macross 7-level but it's up there).

Also, Caph, if you'd like, I could gather the songs of the other units so you can use them. I already do that for W so it's no problem.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Caphi posted:

e: Filled the filler post with the names, I'll add links to videos and stuff over time so you can take your time too.

Ha! Don't worry about that. Taking the songs and uploading them took 15 minutes, at most. Off ya go:

*21st Century Defense Security Song*

*Dai-Guard's Theme Song - Back Alley Space Boy*

*Godmars' Theme Song - Prince of Space! Godmars!

*Godmars' second BGM - Pyramid of Love

*Trider's Theme*

*Dancouga Nova's Theme - Birdsong*

*Gundam 00 series' theme song - Daybreak's Bell*

*Gurren Lagann's theme song - Blue-Sky Days*

*Gundam Wing's first theme - Just Communication

*Gundam Wing's second theme - The Wings of the Boy that Killed Adolescence*

*Getter Robo's theme song - HEATS*

*VOTOMS' theme song - Blazing Destiny*

*Crowe's theme song - Close Game Life*

*Mazinger's Theme Song - Feel Like a Knight*

*Code Geass' first Theme Song - Previous Notice*

*Code Geass' second theme song - Colors*

*Macross Frontier Event BGM - Aimo*

*Damon's Theme (It's as boring as they are annoying!)*

*Eureka 7's first theme - A Man's Battle*

I don't think I missed anything that we've heard thus far but, if I did, lemme know and I'll put it up tomorrow.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 7, 2012

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Oi, reading today's update made me realize I forgot the one, boring, Dancouga Nova theme. Off ya go:

That should complete the current theme list with the ones posted way back when.

As for deployment send out all the pilots with lines and Zero, Karen, Kamina, Kouji, Ryouma, Aoi and Dai-Guard.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Ah, I've been waiting for this route split.

Not because of whatever plot is going on but because of Aim/Ime's first showing.

This guy...well, he's something else. Until everything comes clear, just bask into his awesome theme:

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Rrrrrgh...Noin in an even suckier mech...

booksnake posted:

Also I will take this as a reminder to go watch Votoms.

You SHOULD watch it. Do it right now.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

Yep. I always dread when I see it being force-deployed, I'm all like "Oh, I need to dump some money in this piece of crap so it doesn't die instantly and get me a game over" because Renton is invariably 1/4th the level of the rest of my team.

Hm, the crummy Z2 Nirvash never bothered me MUCH (I still want my Seven Swell back!) but there's one problem that sends me over the edge:

Banpresto, why did you take away Days and Storywriter?! I don't care if they weren't in the Eureka 7 film, those songs were a hundred times better than the boring movie themes!

Edit: Whoops, seems I forgot to post Renton's own theme as a comparison. This one starts playing as soon as the Nirvash goes pink:

See? Neither this nor "A Man's Battle" is an acceptable substitute!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 17, 2012

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Caphi posted:

And the new Gekko and Nirvash are so awful it makes you think the SRW staff hated it too. And the fun part is that it's going to get worse.

I remember the good ol' days...when Holland was a chill, badass surfer dude. Even though he wasn't the strongest unit, he was more than capable of clearing a ton of mook squads with an excellent TRI attack (and he was a great squaddie).

Talho had a good command aura and the Gekko was filled with sub-pilots with nice spirit commands...and the Nirvash was probably the most broken unit in the game.

drat it, why does the movie have to suck so much? Z made me love E7 and Z2 took that away!

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Hell, Yeah! Final Dancouga is awesome no matter the game!

YAAAAAAATTE YARUZE!

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

That scene!
One of the best scenes in the game.

He will become a Gundam? I can say is..."TOH!"

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

On Takeru's skills: I usually give him Break Will Limit after EN Save since that extra 20 morale really does boost damage (after that, you could possibly give him Guard).
His A-Class Psychic gives him SP Regen so I don't think he needs SP Up.

As for Chirico, I also don't think he needs Ignore Size as his Assault Combat already has that property - Break Will Limit seems to fit that last slot better, too.

As for parts, I think you can just spread them around to cover deficiencies nicely (i.e. Chirico's movement); however, I believe the biggest thing to be said is that the Hyper Jammer should stay on Getter to boost his abysmal dodge rate.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Urgh, this mission.

I believe that this is one of the worst SR Points to get on a first playthrough, if only due to how many bosses there are and how spread out they enter the battlefield.

When I went for this, I almost got it but I couldn't get past Sarches' Prevail in time...

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Go with the Peacekeepers.

Also, the song of the bigger DAMONs:

And Asakim's awesome BGM:

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Ah, Zambot...such an absurd amount of death that can only be provided by "Kill'em all" Tomino.

I remember using them throughout Z but, with the new wave of better units (and the lack of a squad system), they ended up being reduced to benchwarmers when I went through both Z2s.

Their song has a very "'70s Super Robot" feel to it:

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Oh, how I liked King Gainer and Emperanza in Z - their TRI attack made them both some of my top killers (then again, it did the same for Holland - the GOOD Holland!) and I always liked their BGMs:

All of King Gainer units have this song set, which is a TRAVESTY when you consider that they had to cut "Can You Feel My Soul?".

Come on, this song is too awesome to be cut and I need Gain to have it back!

As for Xabungle units...I don't have much to say. I kept a space for Jiron but, as Caphi said, it's a very weird robot that I could never get appreciate (he is resilient as gently caress, though).

I think its theme is actually better with the Z > Z2 transition as the guitar works better than Z's synth brass (in this case).

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 11, 2013

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

One of the most frustrating part of Gundam DX (for me) is how it lost the G-Bits attack...after all the requirements for that secret, he has no right to simply forget the attack!

As for Turn A's BGM, I think I liked it slightly better with Z's synth brass but using a guitar works well enough.

On topic of Z BGMs, the Gundam X troupe lost Dreams. Why do you take away all my favorite songs, Banpresto?!

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Ah, we finally get the Imperium story going: some of my favorite villains of recent SRWs (and having some awesome BGMs, to boot).

I like Marguerite's BGM as much as I like Aim's...there is one other villain BGM that is my absolute favorite, though.

As for Kei, I'm gonna join the chorus of sad people that had in Kei one of my top aces in Z1 (in fact, he only lost to Awesome Renton in kill counts).
I do like his BGM, though: a cool byproduct of US/Japan relations via Casey Rankin!

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Gundams, Gundams everywhere. It's a good thing Z made such a good job at fixing SEED Destiny's glaring issues or it would've been much harder to tolerate another game with them around.

I like Vestige, though. It's easily my second favorite theme from the series.

As for Zeta Gundam's theme...not so much. In fact, it's easily one of my least favorite ones in both Z2s - the thing just sounds so boring, especially comparing to the other available choice:

Why couldn't this be available, Banpresto? This is pretty much my default choice for Zeta's BGM across all of SRW-dom and they did not keep it for Z2!

Mind you, SEED Destiny probably lost more BGMs with the game transition than any other ZEUTH series:

This was the proper theme to the Impulse Gundam, as well as the Minerva Battleship (that didn't get brought over).

This here was the proper theme to the combined attacks of the Strike Freedom/Infinite Justice, using the METEOR Packs - it's understandable that they scrapped these since Vestige WAS their default theme, as well as the Destiny's.

Finally, we get to this...

Why, why, why was this BGM left behind? This one was easily one of my favorite songs in Z (only behind Days and Sakura - PROPER Eureka 7 themes) and I can not describe how heartbroken I was when I went into the menu and found that it wasn't there.

Bring it back for Z3, Banpresto. Please...

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Caphi posted:

tl;dr: The gameplay is what killed me. If an opportunity comes to do the writing part, shoot me a line.

If it's gameplay images you need, I could probably take care of that issue, too; it might be a bit slow since I'm still focusing on W, though (currently at mission 48, so it shouldn't take very long to wrap things up).

I can connect my PSP to my notebook but I'd need the rundown on how to take pictures or movies either with Remotejoy or a Capture Device (do you use any, Caphi?).

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 14, 2013

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

I'm guessing most of the people here have either played or are playing Z2 along with the LP.

At least for me, I wouldn't have an issue if you want to start snipping through repetitive battle scenes - do as much as you need to keep things at a good size for you.

Show off what you think is interesting and summarize the rest; I've started doing that on W a few months ago, editing out numerous fights against the same mooks and just going "X number of Y enemies attacked Kouji and died/were wounded".

On the topic of image capture that could assist the LP, I did manage to install Remotejoy Lite on my PSP but a few issues presented themselves: I can't record audio and the quality seems a bit subpar.

Are you using a cable to connect your headphone exit to your notebook to capture the sound, Caphi?

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Caphi posted:

Whee! Video recording is back, I tried glossing over like all the mook-squashing, play recording went fairly quickly and had way less pointless (I feel) reloading and screen-capping. We'll see if it was too much or not pretty soon.

Thanks for putting up with my poo poo, everybody!

Welcome back, Caphi!

Looking forward to the rest of the LP (and a certain villain's BGM to pop up...).

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

I really like Sol Gravion (not as much as it's older brother Compatible Kaiser but...) and I was very thankful that it remained nearly as reliable as it did in Z.

Whatever SRW game, if it has six pilots in it, the unit is going to rock!

Like most ZEUTHers, it got limited to a single BGM - in this case, the main theme of Gravion Zwei.

It's not my favorite BGM from them but it works well...I still don't know if I prefer Z's synth brass or Z2's synth violin, though.

Rosary of Grief was the theme of God Gravion but it also played during the combined attack with God Sigma Gravion (it sync'd up to it pretty well, too).

Personally, I like it slightly more than Scarlet Fang BUT not as much as...

Hell, yeah! This here is the BGM for the Gran Kaiser but it was awesome all around (even if the Gran Kaiser was kind of shite as Touga didn't have his helpers to keep him alive) - plus, it's sang by the world-igniting voice of it was COMPOSED by Hironobu Kageyama and sang by Masaki Endoh.

Respect it!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 18, 2013

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

I really love Aquarion (like everyone sane should!) - it's powerful as gently caress, has three pilots and the ever-wonderful Element System.

Fun fact: You saw how Aquarion's Infinity Punch's dynamic kill punched a mook at the moon, yes? On Z, when Turn A's Gym Gyngham first met Aquarion, he recognized them as those guys that kept punching craters at the moon and it made him pumped to fight them.

Like many ZEUTHers, Aquarion's theme was made a bit different with the switch to the PSP in that it got the synth violin to do the melody - still, I think it works nicely and it's still one of my favorite themes.

Go Tight! is the Aquarion theme that didn't make the cut from the first game; I never used it in place of the main theme but I will admit that it's really drat good.

Viola the Mad posted:

I think I'm with Tieria on these guys. What the gently caress is Aquarion? Do I need to watch this show?

Aquarion is Aquarion, really; feel free to watch it as it's a good anime but prepare your mind for some insanity.

Orgasmic combinations, Fudou's philosophies, sexual and homosexual innuendos everywhere!

Don't watch EVOL, though, as it's crap.

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Sadly Pierre didn't get his ridiculous DribbleDribbleDribble attack which would have made him a lot more useful. It only shows up in the Z1 Special Disc as a cutscene attack.

The ridiculousness of this attack can't be expressed in words, so let people watch for themselves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSAlmpa-mOA
GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

I really like this mission as it really fleshes out the relationship ZEXIS GOONZ has with Zero (especially Wufei and Heero): they don't trust him one bit but, as long as he keeps working his "miracles", they need to follow his commands.

As much poo poo as Wufei gets in other games, Z2 is around the best he's ever been as it allows him to move from just shouting "JUSTICE!" ad nauseum and show off some of that intellect that he was known to have before the Gundam Wing events started.

Also, underestimating the Guren is never an excuse to not provide the necessary dosage of "ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"!

I made it a point to always kill Jeremiah with him if only to further the poor man's torment.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jun 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 4, 2011

Edit: ^^^ That song has been uploaded and you can find the link on the front page.

So much going on in one mission...

First off, I'm glad Banpresto resumed that episode with Mao - there was a whole lot more drama that would've been unnecessary; also, Zero showing that much humility and asking for his comrades to help is a very nice change of character.

And Relena...I don't think you should be enabling Nina's obsession.

Also, while there aren't any new BGMs during this route split, I was reminded that there was ONE song that I neglected to upload:

I can't believe I forgot Battle Choir as it's my favorite "generic" original BGM.
Of course, it might have to do with the fact that it only plays, I think, ONCE during both Z2 games - that moment when Sayaka deploys and proceeds to hold out the Mechabeasts during the Mazinger introduction.

Still, I like it and it's one of the few songs that actually kept Z's synth brass.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 24, 2013

• Locked thread