Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011
Man, I love this game and can't wait for Z2-2, I've played it through in its entirety like seven times. It's nice to see someone doing it like this so I can finally understand what's going on in the original plot and how characters respond to events in other series.

You should just go over the fun pilot skills, it seems pretty pointless to dump information on a ton of skills you'll never see doing that much. Also, go Ranged because, one, it looks like Z2-2 is using it as the canon choice, and two, you're already playing on New Game + and Melee is a lot better (or easier to use, at least) than Ranged (Edit: Oh, looks like it isn't a choice anyways :v:). Finally, why aren't you going to be showing off all the alternate paths?

Hikarusa fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011
As I recall, other SRW lps had people select a route split and then they showed off the chosen route in its entirety first, then went back and showed off the other(s). I understand that the early-game route split stuff is kind of a nightmare, but there are places where you could split it apart.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011
I don't think you explained the early game route split very well. It splits twice, and those two go into three and then after a single stage they all have in common two of the routes keep going and the third can choose between which of the two you want to follow. When I read it I initially thought you were saying that after the three route split it combined for ten stages then re-split automatically.

Yes, it is kind of a mess, but since there are no secrets in this game that are route split dependent except one late-game, I can't help but question why which route split we stay on from after the fact even matters. Maybe after you do the first set of two you question which of the two you want to use for two routes in the next route of three, and choose which two routes from the set of three you want to use for the next set of two?

I'm not saying that you have to do this, by the way, I just think that it would be better to show off the game in its entirety instead of showing off 3/5 and telling about the other two fifths.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011
No, as I recall you can choose whichever one you want at that point from the middle route.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

I still don't understand why they've been putting Haros in everything since SEED.

I wish they would have started earlier so we could have had a Haro piloting a Haro Gundam in G Gundam. Would have taken that over the snake charmer guy any day.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Basara kicks the poo poo out of Zero as a buff dispenser once he shows up in 2.2.

And even if that wasn't the case, Zero has much better things to do in Saisei than buffing people.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Alacron posted:

Um, I really have no preference at this point so Do whatever the post the post above this one says

So can someone explain Eureka 7 for me? I'm guessing that the writing on the moon is a reference to something, maybe from Z1? I'm assuming that the whole rapid aging thing wasn't in the TV show version, (I haven't seen either version of E7) is this why people tend to not like the movie version? From what little I can gather the Gekko crew seems to be a bunch of douchebags. Is the rapid aging thing as nonsensical as it seems right now? Is it this weird in the movie?

I feel like I can mostly follow what's going on with other series stories, particularly the ones that I know better, but the E7 stuff just leaves me a strange mixture of confused and bored.

Edit: If your problem is that you age too fast, why would you call yourselves "Children of Neverland" or whatever? The whole thing with Neverland was that they didn't age.

Vague Eureka Seven series and sort of explaining the movie: The writing on the moon does refer to something from Eureka Seven, which did occur in Z1. You should watch it. It's great. In the original the Gekko crew were the ages they look in the movie. The point is that the Gekko crew saw the other universe and decided to try and recreate the events of the show even though they're separate universes with different rules and stuff. The movie and the show being different is the entire point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011
Fun fact about the G Gundam upgrade units: they're from a currently serializing manga which is written by the writer of G Gundam and drawn by the character designer of G Gundam, and the writer has described it as the complete version of the story. Maybe hoping for it to get in is just a dream (like Votoms and Patlabor, perhaps :v:), but I like to pretend that it's actually possible for this one.

• Locked thread