Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Caphi posted:

Everything involving Sheryl and Kamina

That's just wonderful. Getting characters to play off each other like this is one of the best parts of SRW. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Brunom1 posted:

drat it, why does the movie have to suck so much? Z made me love E7 and Z2 took that away! :rant:

Obviously they wanted make up for all the mooks killed by the Seven Swell MAP... and just took it too far. :(

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

That scene!
One of the best scenes in the game.

Also hell yes, the other Dancouga shows up. :allears:

GilliamYaeger posted:

Why didn't these two get a combination attack with each other?

Not many things get cross-series combination attacks, sadly. :sigh:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

They don't get a combo attack but they do get something else:

The hidden friendship mechanic applies to them. This is literally the only cross-series friendship in the game.

Now that I didn't know. Seconding them always being deployed together whenever possible.

Spiritus Nox posted:

The only real cross-series combo attacks you ever see in Super Robot Wars are amongst the better known super robots, and even those are generally from the same creator like the classic Mazinger Brothers and Getter's Final Dynamic Sepecial or the numerous teamups from the Combattler/Voltes duo.

It's especially noticeable and irritating sometimes, even when some should be obvious. They didn't even give a certain crossover attack until the sequel to this game! :sigh:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Viola the Mad posted:

The ellipses would go on forever. And it would be marvelous. :allears:

Only one thing that could make this better.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Peacekeeping Council please.

Also THAT GUY. THAT GUY. :argh:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Speaking of tracks that could have been added, really hope Z3 or something brings back this little bit from Turn A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Ywxy5m9zg&t=216s

TheBystander posted:

Honestly, with Gundam X I really wish they'd do some crazy series crossover stuff. It'd never happen, but I'd love to see Garrod power the cannon with Spiral Energy instead. You know that kid is loaded with it.

The day there's a new handheld SRW or something non-"main" with TTGL thrown in, you just know GX, Turn A, and/or Xabungle are all coming along for the ride. Maybe Mazinkaiser SKL too. And wouldn't be too much a stretch to tie DOME/the Black History/TTGL's later plot together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Well, that sucks but is understandable. Best of luck to ya, man, and thanks for all you've done.

• Locked thread