Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
The only things he did in translations that bugged me were when he would misread a 'b' syllable as a 'p' syllable, or vice versa. Which is a dumb, nitpicky thing, to be sure, but it's something that usually stuck out to me when I noticed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Pureauthor posted:

I've never seen the point of Counter. Supers can tank the damage and come out stronger for it, Reals can just avoid it. And unless you're powerful enough to consostently OHKO mooks, you'll be sitting through their attacks anyway.

I feel the same way. It's nice if it goes off, but I would never try and count on it or add it to someone who didn't already have it.

Hit and Away and EN Save on Kouji always worked out pretty well for me.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Mercury Crusader posted:

(Or G Gundam, The Best Gundam)

I am obligated to appear and agree with this.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

That might work if the most efficient way to clear maps in J wasn't to stand still and let the enemy army come to you, because if you move over to them the wave spawning at the opposite end of the map (and you know there is one) will take twice as long to get to.

Alternately, moving to meet the enemy means you meet in the middle of the goddamn ocean instead of staying put on your nice little island.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

vilkacis posted:

I don't see the problem. I mean, sure, the water levels in OG where all you have is a bunch of Gespensts with bad waterproofing were definitely a low point, but in J, you get enough units that can either fly or swim that it doesn't really matter if there's water or not.

It's a problem if we're talking about the G Gundam units, which are equally bad in the air or the water.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

D featured probably the most off-the-wall interpretation of Char's Counterattack; as your team is preparing to prevent Axis from dropping the colony on Earth, the original enemies suddenly create this huge barrier over the entirety of the planet, at which point everyone goes, "welp," buries the hatchet, and joins OZ.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

SaitoBatch posted:

Doesn't Zambot 3 have that thing in Z1, where Keiko can kick the bucket if you don't do something? That....kinda irritated me, but at the same time was right in there with Tomino's kill em all mindset at the time.

Keiko, the third sub-pilot, never dies, no. Aki, Kappei's girlfriend-insofar-as-12-year-olds-can-have-girlfriends, becomes a human bomb, because Butcher is a giant rear end in a top hat, and if you don't complete enough Zambot 3-related triggers in previous stages she blows up and dies like, I assume, in the anime. However, Aki is never a pilot/sub-pilot, and the only gameplay effect of saving her is getting an Ending Point (although you should save her anyway because it's the right thing to do and if you don't Kappei is so sad :smith: ).

Edit: forgot I wasn't in the general thread.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Omnicrom posted:

That secret is also a massive pain the rear to get sadly. It's nearly impossible for Rand to get and to reliably get it on Setsuko you need to give up on another secret. On all of my playthroughs of Z1 I've done sadly Kappei has had an unhappy ending :(

Setsuko has a pretty easy time of it, given that you get 5 points for destroying Butcher pretty early on (tough but not impossible).

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

Godsigma is solid early on in Setsuko's route back in Z, since she has mostly a bunch of mid-level Gundam units that don't pack a lot of punch combined with a bunch of super robots who don't have really strong final attacks yet (or even their final forms, some of the time). So having something around with a really strong final attack and the ability to restore EN for free without a morale hit is pretty handy. However, once the other units catch up and you get access to more units you run into the fact that Godsigma is more boring than a box full of boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

ActionZero posted:

That LP would be better on Atreem.

I laughed way too hard at this.

The hell of all of this is that Mist has one of the dopest theme songs in addition to being a huge rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread