Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chibi
Feb 11, 2004

Godmars, just so badass I had to use it's support unit too, which turned out surprisingly well. As far as the ranged/melee versions of the main guy, I always choose melee, and forget that he starts with offensive support 2 with guaranteed crits, it just feels like he's better suited to range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

That's the one blessing of SRW games fairly low difficulty. You can make your roster entirely based on which robots you like and it's never really a problem.

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

Caphi posted:

On the subject of taking all the robots, I wish Z2 had squads. I still end up picking robots I either liked before the game or came to like during, but the squads let me take all the sidekicks and support robots and not feel bad about it. In fact, some of the teams you can put together are more fun (since we're already being a sucker for thematics) than just "toss out all of the Gurren Army because, seriously, whatevs."

Yeah, I really wish it had something like that or a smaller roster. Even near the end when you're fielding 30 guys on a map, you're still leaving a huge number of guys inactive.

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

It may only trigger when he's under 10% hp, so the trick is keeping him with just enough hp/armor that enemy grunts almost kill him in 1 shot, to trigger his crazy prevail and ??? and become infinitely dodgy.

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

Alternatively, pump up the Skill stat on the Macross Quarter, cast Mercy and Strike and than MAP Chirico.

Takes a bit of work, but hey, consistent activation.

Holy poo poo, I always forget about mercy. Looks like Chirico just got even more badass. Then again, I don't think I've ever managed to keep a battleship up to speed in terms of level/pp to use for anything, I definitely favor units with high mobility too much for it.

chibi fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Apr 30, 2012

• Locked thread