Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Alacron posted:

it's AI can apparently only communicate through anime "Uguu~"s. I imagine that would get really annoying, really fast.

In case it wasn't clear, that part is movie-specific. And yes, it did get annoying really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
We haven't seen him yet, but I believe Orguss was also hit pretty hard by the transition from Z1 to Z2. Not as hard as Eureka, of course. He was one of my top aces in Z1, and most of the time in Z2 he was just warming the bench, next to Nirvash.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I never thought about this until now, but is it possible to give suborders to the battleship captains in the intermission menu? I don't remember doing that, but I always assumed that was because you can't use pilots deployed in the previous mission, and battleships always auto-deploy.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I noticed that all the Valkyries are equipped with shields, yet none of the pilots has Blocking as a natural skill (unlike, say, a lot of Gundam pilots). I haven't given them Blocking in my playthrough, but I was tempted, especially for the ones that spent a lot of time in humanoid mode like Michel.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Knowing the details behind what was going on during that stage made me appreciate it that much more. I couldn't even get the skill point on my first playthrough. :negative: Though with many people having their ace bonuses and good upgrades, the second time was somewhat easier.

NotALizardman posted:

Let's go with the Peacekeeping Council, more Mazinger can never hurt. :allears:
I agree, I also like the line-up, even if I was tempted by Area 11 due to Chirico.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Caphi posted:

Traia reminds him that he's caught Ime's eye, so he's likely to run into DAMons no matter where he is.

DAMOOOOOOONS! :argh:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

CaptainRat posted:

Aki, Kappei's girlfriend-insofar-as-12-year-olds-can-have-girlfriends, becomes a human bomb, because Butcher is a giant rear end in a top hat, and if you don't complete enough Zambot 3-related triggers in previous stages she blows up and dies like, I assume, in the anime.

You assume correctly.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
That's the one thing I wish they would have changed. The original theme for regular attacks, and the new theme for the new attacks, as the default setting.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Caphi posted:

(by the way, Orguss spoilers?)

Yes, well, kind of, but it's hard to play Z1 and Z2 without having Orguss spoiled. I've only watched a few episodes of Orguss but I have a vague idea of what's going to happen already.

Daler Mehndi fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 3, 2013

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Awww. :( I could tell it was a lot of work, much of it tedious, but I appreciated having not only a playthrough but a translation of said playthrough. There are pure text summaries that exist for this game, and there's nothing stopping me from reading them while I play this game (I'm on my second playthrough), but the way it was presented in this thread was much more compelling.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

TheBystander posted:

Special mention also goes to Kamina in this game, who gets his Valor about ten levels or more before anyone else. Valor's pretty ridiculous this early in the game.

I cackled when I saw this, because it's so very appropriate. I really enjoy that side of SRW, where a character's personality is reflected in their spirit commands.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I used Gravion a lot in my first playthrough, but the initial lack of potential was painful. It was a hard decision whether to dump all PP into Potential, or save some of it for skills such as EN Save or Guard.

Caphi posted:

I don't think your ZEUTH and our GOONZ are that different.
I don't expect you to believe the likes of us, but that's all we want, too.
We're all fighting to bring peace to the world.
Actually, I...
Should keep your mouth shut.
...will do.

Even though it may look like we're just another gang of thugs taking advantage of the mess.
Uh, I'm actually a--
Just stop.
Yessir.

Oh Crowe, you're so entertaining. :allears:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I definitely like how they combined the storyline of VOTOMS with that of Code Geass. I don't mind the walls of text, because I forgot a lot of Geass's story. And I didn't mind that the route was relatively easy, sometimes it's just fun to tear through weak grunt after grunt with the likes of Kalen and Chirico.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Caphi posted:

Well, he's tough, I'll give him that (this is completely accurate to the show). He's only here for the chapter, so there's no point saying much about him.

Just in case someone hasn't seen the glorious Beck the Great RX3 in the anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EGdTSeIbhM

:allears:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Omnicrom posted:

Speaking of which I heard somewhere that planet S-1 in Baldios was actually Earth in the past and they were therefore the cause of the loss of their own homeworld. Is this Baldios anime spoiler actually true?

Yes, it's true. When the 'aliens' from 'planet S-1' flee their homeworld and travel in search of a new home with their hyperspace drive, they miraculously find themselves close to Earth. They never realized they had actually travelled back in time, and were primarily responsible for its devastation, until it was much too late. Much of this is from the movie, which concludes the series' story.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Brunom1 posted:

Also, I ran into this on /m/:

Sadly, I couldn't find out the name of the creator.

I found it tagged Icircus on danbooru, and this appears to be his twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/iCircus

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Japan!

Caphi posted:

Kappei is, like, twelve. What the hell has he been through? (That would be Zambot 3, by the way).

:negative:: The anime.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Caphi posted:

Meanwhile, back on the Salud...

Damnation!
Gh... how does this Pilder machine work?
It looks so harmless, yet if I attempt to pilot it...
How it bucks and shakes! How does Kabuto Kouji control it?
Curses! Once Mazinger Z is in Dr. Hell's hands, I will destroy this thing!
Even if it didn't exactly happen that way, that was one of my favorite scenes in Shin Mazinger.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I found it really interesting that they handled Getter Robo's plot this way. For those who haven't watched the anime, Michiru's death is only shown in flashbacks.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I've been having a hell of a time getting pictures from lpix.org to show up. Even after a refresh, only about half of them show up.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Broken Loose posted:

Once they beat the final boss, it basically cuts to them doing paperwork in the office. The news! Another Heterodyne has appeared! They're going to show up every 2 weeks or so for all eternity! Everybody's happy about this for some reason.
They've learned to accept that the Heterodynes are here to stay, and that they'll have to be dealt with much the same way Japan desl with other natural disasters.

quote:

Dai-Guard was a loving terrible show.
That's an outright lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Eeepies posted:

I still don't see what's wrong with Dancougar Nova so far, contrary to all the complains about them?
I watched it while it aired, and a few things bothered me.

For example, a significant part of the running time was spent on the Dancouga Nova team fighting regular soldiers, albeit ones armed with their own mechas. Which were nevertheless completely outmatched. Team D's M.O. was to attack a strong aggressor, weakening them. But if the defenders became too strong and tried to counter-attack, Dancouga Nova would turn on them. This was ultimately pointless because, surprise, the real enemy had nothing to do with Earth's armies.

Also, the characters seem to come across better in the playthrough than they did in the actual TV series. The producers didn't exactly fall over themselves to give them proper character development.

• Locked thread