Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'd buy an album of him doing covers of Bond themes. Hell just a single with The Man with the Golden Gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

rotinaj posted:

I'm listening to Balaclavas, the newest episode, and he reads aloud some of his novel, "My Fist has Two Dicks".

It's pretty bad.

I think you misspelled "rad" there.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Did you watch the XL version of the episode, the 45 minute edit they air the next day? I think he did fine in that one.

I just finished the podcast right after the election. :allears:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Wow, yeah. I knew it was something like that, I felt like I'd been punched in the gut after the end of the episode.

But she lived to 93 and had 7 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren, it's not really tragic or anything. :unsmith:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

I'm becoming a fan of the comedy cruise ad because he never just straight up reads it. It always goes off on a ridiculous tangent.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

head58 posted:

I miss Man Grate.

The way he read those, I don't think Greg does.

I'm fine as long as there's at least one use of "manbag" per episode. Doesn't have to be Manbag Beer.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Goddamnit Greg it's Edward Snowden :colbert:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

So, new Proopscast. I'm glad I got home from my walk before he got to the terrible opening lines because I would have been too busy laughing to walk. :allears:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Greg is doing a recording in Helsinki in May and I just reserved a ticket. :allears:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Oh man the podcast is tomorrow. I hope the Finnish audience gets it. Even if they do we have a habit of underdisplaying it.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

If he spends half an hour talking about baseball he should've known better tbh. :v:

Edit: It's also at 6:45 which is actually for the best because if it was at night people would be roaring drunk.

He's doing a stand-up gig on Saturday that I couldn't go to, it's also in the early evening, I wonder if he even realizes they're holding it in a theatre.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 15, 2014

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Just got back from the recording, it was fantastic. I whored myself out for Greg's stand-up special and got to ask a goofy question and got a goofy answer.

There were something like thirty people there and, should have seen that one coming, a whole lot of non-Finns living in Helsinki, including some guy who works at Remedy and plugged his book and Quantum Break.

I got some swag too (I couldn't be arsed to resize these):

And here's a crappy picture of Kittens before the show:

There was also one That Guy but before I could even feel that very Finnish feeling of shame for the actions of another Finn in front of a foreigner, Greg correctly sussed him out to be English. :v:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Yeah, he went around and I got to shake his hand too, did the whole "I'm a huge fan" spiel and thanked him for dragging his rear end all the way to Helsinki.

He called me brother and pat me on the back :allears:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

He's got a new theme song now. It's... okay? I can only imagine some copyright nonsense forced him to drop the old one.

But to make up for it the latest episode has another Manbag beer commercial.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Mogambo posted:

The new theme song is great you goddamn idiots

I can dig it but it's not Yalili Ya Aini :colbert:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

The theme song is called The Cat With A Cat and it's by Nick Franglen, who's also known as one half of Lemon Jelly.

You can definitely hear it in the full version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

This week was a good one.

WILD BOARS! (WILD BOARS!)

• Locked thread