Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I love the androidified case series from Cruzerlite. I may have went a little crazy ordering them, but they are buy 2 get 1 free. :shepface:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_g...&qid=1339119758

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Jolo posted:

This will sound like a really stupid question, but T-mobile's website isn't helping at all.

How do I PAY for a monthly prepaid bill? I have the $30 month plan through T-Mobile with 100 minutes. I bought a $100 a month prepaid card when I started the service a month ago and put it on the account. When it activated, $36 was taken from the $100 balance, leaving my account balance at 63.74. Instead of taking the monthly bill out today when it said my bill was due, I just don't have any data today. Going on to My T-Mobile on their website, I can see that my prepaid balance is 63.74, payment status is UNPAID, and my next charge date is blank (it was 7/8 until today). I can't find any option to pay the $30. It seems like all I can do is add more money to my account, which isn't necessary. What am I missing here?

I had this issue last month when my first renewal date came up. I had to call them to get it sorted out.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Being the lazy person that I am, I let my motorola triumph sit on my desk for a couple months before deciding to list it on ebay today. The thing is, when I tried to charge it up to wipe/reset it, it won't turn on. The charge light doesn't even come on. I've tried different chargers too. I'm wondering if it is the battery. Should the phone turn on when plugged into a charger with no battery installed? If so, then it's something wrong with the phone and I'm sol. Any thoughts from triumph owning goons?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Nihiliste posted:

The joy continues. I got a text last night saying that my number had been successfully ported over from Virgin (I just lost my Virginity, guys!), but checking my Galaxy Nexus shows the same courtesy number active, and now I can't send texts. Any ideas?

Silly question, but did you reboot your phone?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Choicecut posted:

Got my galaxy nexus from google last night, really, really nice freaking phone. I love the vanilla feel to it. Transfer over to T-mobile prepay was super easy. I get 1-2 bars in most of my house but have a few spots where I get no service which was the same as sprint before they sent me an airaive. I bought a t-mobile Nextivity cel-fi repeater off ebay for 150 bucks. I will let you know how well it works once I get it installed in case anyone is considering one. LET THE SAVINGS BEGIN!

One of us, one of us... If you're looking for a simple case, I suggest one of these. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...axy+nexus&ajr=0

No, I don't have a problem :shepface:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

The lowest I can get my ATT bill to go is approximately $100. I don't use the phone, texting or data, nearly enough to justify $100 a month, but I do like my WP7 phone. I'd like to keep that extra number.

Basically I'm looking for a cheap carrier that will have WP8 phones. Was thinking Virgin or especially T Mobile but don't know if T Mobile will get a Windows 8 Phone.

T-mobile doesn't need to get a Windows 8 phone. You'll just need to buy an unlocked gsm phone and slide your sim in it.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

I have a friend who wants to get on the $30 T-Mobile plan, but he's currently part of a family plan on Verizon. Is it possible to port a number out of a family plan without a ton of headache?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

It sounds like it will be over HSPA+, but they will throttle you to what they deem "3G" speed to be.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

My mom is currently on Virgin Mobile's pay per minute plan with a dumbphone since all she does is occasionally use voice. Lately she's been having issues with the phone she has, but it looks like Virgin Mobile's current offerings of dumbphones would barely be considered sidegrades. I saw Page Plus' pay per minute voice plans are cheap as poo poo and would be ideal, so it made me wonder if a used android phone could be tied to one of these plans. No data wouldn't be an issue. Is this possible, and are there any suggested phones?

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

Mister Snips posted:

If you're gonna spend 100 clams on A Thing you might as well make that thing better than whatever you got two years ago

Yeah, pretty much this. While the current offerings are functionally equivalent, it appears their dumbphone build quality took a nosedive after they switched focus to smartphones.

Mister Fister posted:

Yeah you can use a smartphone on page plus' voice only plans. I highly recommend the $80 plan (you have to get from a place like callingmart). Gives you 2000 minutes that lasts for a year.

That's great news. I was already looking at the $80 plan as the one to go with too.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

enthe0s posted:

A lot of people said they did this and I am more than willing if I have to, but what's to stop me from

1. Creating a GV number that's exactly the same as my current Verizon number
2. When my contract ends in a month, activating a prepaid T-mobile plan
3. Setting up GV to forward my calls to my new T-mobile number

If I can't create a GV number that's already an existing number, why can't I just wait until my contract ends and then create it?

If I understand what you wrote right, letting your contract with Verizon expire without porting your number out will leave the number in Verizon's custody, ready to be handed to another customer who signs up.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

shymog posted:

C) Any other "is it worth it" input? I certainly won't use it, but I do have some concerns with my wife's ability to handle her phones.

Accidents happen, but maybe buying unlocked phones will help her realize and appreciate that she's carrying around a $300+ device instead of a "$0.99" subsidized contract phone.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

When I got on that plan it was a two step process since it is for new activations only. Just activate your account and get a new number, then call them up saying you'd like to bring your existing number in and put it on that account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

My mom is still using an old flip phone on a grandfathered virgin mobile plan. The phone doesn't work very well anymore but she doesn't want to pay more than the $20 every 90 days she's used to. A little research seems to point to tracfone as the only option. Is there anything else? Has anyone used their byop service? From what I've read you can use any verizon branded post paid phones that doesn't support lte. If that's true, what's the most recent device I should be looking to pick up used if I go this route at all?

• Locked thread