Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I'm with AT&T now, and have an iPhone 4. My contract is up in Janurary or February, so I'm probably going to wait until then to switch to pre-paid. I'm just tired of paying $97.50 a month for what I could be paying $55 a month for from Boost.

I realize I'll end up spending $299 on a new phone, and I really don't care that it will be a Android. I'll make that up in 6 months. My big worry is that if the service stinks, I'll have a hard time going back to AT&T since I canceled my contract, or I'll lose my number or something dumb like that.

This is the only phone contract I've ever had so I don't know what to expect switching. I used to handle all the phones for the companies at my past two jobs, first with Nextel and then Verizon. So I'm used to the 15% company discounts on everything (not to mention my employer footing the bill for my phone...)

Are the delays and non-deliveries of texts as bad as people make it out to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Krailor posted:

Why not go with Straight Talk? Same AT&T coverage but at $45/month.

I heard of issues getting iPhone 4's working, using MMS messages, and (even though I only use a couple hundred MB per month) data getting throttled or limited.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Is there any difference between buying the HTC EVO 4G on Amazon for $229 instead of buying it at Best Buy or from Boost.com for $299? Do the Boost stores/resellers generally sell them at less than Boost.com?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Can you use a Sprint or Boost Android phone with Virgin Mobile? They're all the same network but I'm sure there's more to it than that.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Not even with a flash/root job? I didn't see an obvious solution on a quick search so that's what I feared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Mister Fister posted:

According to howardforums, this new Verizon MVNO is launching around 11/1 and near year's end they will have 4G:

http://www.talkforgood.com/why-choose-talkforgood/

$55 per month for unlimited everything with verizon 4g is pretty nice.

Would really like more details on 'unlimited', especially when it comes to data.

• Locked thread