Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
I pay, roughly, 100$ a month for ATT. I don't really want to give them my money but I also don't want to rely on my iPhone 5 that I got for work (I don't want to be tethered to my work phone).

I thought about just ditching my personal phone and getting a cheapo go phone.

Is there adequate competition to ATT that's not 100$ a month that will have the new WP8 phones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Stick100 posted:

Your question is very confusing.

What do you wish your future use case to be on the phone you will be paying for.

[Carrier]
[Monthly Minutes]
[Monthly Texts]
[Monthly Data in GB, or description of data use]
[OS preferences]
[Desire to have capacity to use your old number or sim card]

There is very adequate competition to ATT.

The lowest I can get my ATT bill to go is approximately $100. I don't use the phone, texting or data, nearly enough to justify $100 a month, but I do like my WP7 phone. I'd like to keep that extra number.

Basically I'm looking for a cheap carrier that will have WP8 phones. Was thinking Virgin or especially T Mobile but don't know if T Mobile will get a Windows 8 Phone.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Stick100 posted:

Yeah I could have worded that better, but the poster I was responding to gave effectively no information on his usage scenario so I was just trying to outline a couple TMO options before telling him to go read the OP. I'll go change my post.

Thanks!

Any heavy lifting/browsing/Pandora is gonna happen on my iPhone for work.

Does the TMobile high data/low voice a contract free plan?

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
Would anyone mind giving me some instructions on how to migrate an existing ATT number/account to a Straight Talk plan?

Do the links in the OP set up new accounts only?

• Locked thread