Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yup...ironically enough, T-Mobile works here, but it's just from roaming on AT&T towers, so part of me wonders if it would actually work better than the poo poo StraightTalk service I'm getting...though that means I DEFINITELY wouldn't get 4G, since they don't have 4G roaming...not even sure if I would get 3G, might only be EDGE. But I don't think they even let you get a plan if you live outside service area...naturally they don't want 99% of your calls, texts, and data to be on someone else's network.

I just checked with a couple coworkers who have AT&T and yeah, they have service here (both have iPhones, though, so I can't try to swap SIMs.) At least I'll have more info to give StraightTalk when I call them, maybe they'll send another SIM.

Get one of their sims, put it in your phone. You've been told this 80 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
edit: Wrong thread!

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 20, 2012

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Mister Fister posted:

According to howardforums, this new Verizon MVNO is launching around 11/1 and near year's end they will have 4G:

http://www.talkforgood.com/why-choose-talkforgood/

$55 per month for unlimited everything with verizon 4g is pretty nice.

What happened with this? The website still doesn't list anything concrete.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
What're the best options for Straight Talk (AT&T) LTE phones? I don't think T-mobile coverage will work for me so I'm looking to see what the other options are beyond Nexus 4.

• Locked thread