Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I have a rooted DINC2 running cyanogenmod 7.2 (stable). I just received an unlock code from Verizon, and am thinking about eating the ETF (my contract ends in May) and switching to an MVNO. I understand my phone can't access other companies' broadband networks cause of the band selection, but how bad are we talking here? I'm currently getting about 1.5 mbps down (max).

Ultimately, it might be worth the cost regardless, but I'm just curious if my current phone will become unusable off of Wi-Fi while I look into a different model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Tedronai66 posted:

1.5 mbps down is about 7x what I get with sprint. I'm seriously considering eating the 1 year ETF (240) to get something that actually connects to the tubes faster than a single horse-drawn carriage filled with morbidly obese people. (I won't be getting LTE from Sprint until late 2013 at the earliest, according to their roadmap).

Yeah. At the end of the day, Verizon is a really good service provider in my area. Plus, I'm grandfathered into their unlimited (2 GB) data plan. I just feel that I'm overpaying for the minutes I don't really need, and can get a better deal on the data.

Worst case, I figure I bite the bullet and just sign up for a Clear hotspot until a nexus becomes available (depending on total price, I guess).

• Locked thread