Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stalling Grad
Feb 3, 2009
I had no issues on my StraightTalk activation (ATT). I was pleasantly shocked.

Was weird that my port to GoogleVoice took exactly 24 hours to complete. How long do ports normally take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalling Grad
Feb 3, 2009

Bobulus posted:

- I can port my number to t mobile prepaid, right? I'm very attached to it.
Why not port to GoogleVoice now, start a new account on T-Mobile, point GVoice to it, and if it sucks in a week, buy a different service?

Stalling Grad
Feb 3, 2009
But no way to get Straight Talk from calling mart?

Also liked seeing Ting sponsor the latest episode of Revision 3's Film State. Interesting the host didn't mention the $6 a month per device.

Stalling Grad
Feb 3, 2009
Anyone seen the Straight Talk home service yet? Looks to be 3g device with two rj9 connector s and a battery backup.

http://straighttalkhomephone.com

Interesting concept. How much is cheapo home phone from DSL/Dish companies? Doesn't Comcast normally throw in phone for free bundled for a while?

Stalling Grad
Feb 3, 2009

FISHMANPET posted:

So is there a difference between singing up for StraightTalk AT&T and StraightTalk TMobile?

Would I be able to setup the Nexus 4 as a Wifi hotspot?
I think only major difference between ST TMO and ST AT&T is the coverage and where roaming would be an issue.
Nexus will allow you to setup a hotspot. As said before as long as it isn't many hundreds of gigabytes, it shouldn't be an issue.

Stalling Grad
Feb 3, 2009
Any idea how long I could leave a ST account dormant before they closed it? Curious about trying another carrier for a month and would rather not re-order another sim from ST and activate a new number.

Stalling Grad
Feb 3, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

Can you text from the texting app instead of the Google Voice app?
Once you have their gv fake number saved, you can text natively from the text app to their gv number. Trick is to have them text you first, save their number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalling Grad
Feb 3, 2009

The rear end Stooge posted:

I'm trying to decide between a Samsung Galaxy Reverb and HTC One V on Virgin Mobile.
I've been using a One V for the last month or so. Battery life seems fine, but the gimped single core barely gets the job done. Chrome hangs on certain pages, and it may take a few tries to make a phone call. It can be frustrating. I'm debating on getting a Galaxy 2 for VM off of eBay for an upgrade for $180. I got my One V on black Friday for $50.

tl;dr: If you can, get a used Galaxy 2 off of eBay.

Also, is it possible to use other rims on VM phones? Thought originally they would only activate on default build. Maybe the One V would be more responsive on a newer build.

• Locked thread