Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
After much suffering with VM's Optimus V and a little penny-pinching budgeting, I've decided that I deserve an upgrade to the Galaxy Nexus. I've just about pulled the trigger, but before I do, a few questions.

1. Probably going to go with T-Mobile's $30/month plan. Am I correct in assuming that all I have to do is insert the SIM card into the Galaxy Nexus, follow some simple online instructions and I'm good to go? Knowing me, I just want to make sure I'm not missing a not-so-obvious step here. :downs:

2. Can anyone recommend a good case for the Galaxy Nexus? I'm a sucker for a pretty case.

Simple stuff. Thanks, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

swarthmeister posted:

That's how it works in theory.
Sounds good -- at worst, it's nothing a quick phone call can't fix. :)

Tremors posted:

Cruzerlite. :shepface:
These look slick, and they're pretty much exactly what I was looking for! Went ahead and bought the purple case.

Thanks to both of you. I'm excited as hell for this phone to get here.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
You're only eligible for T-Mobile's $30/mo plan if you sign up for it online (at T-Mobile.com) or if you buy a new phone from Walmart and activate it through them. Walmart requires you to activate one of their pre-paid phones, but T-Mobile does not.

Ignore Wal-mart completely -- buy a SIM card straight from T-Mobile.com, then stick it in your Nexus S and activate it online. That's what I did with my Galaxy Nexus (thanks to this thread!) and I was ready to go in about 10 minutes. :)

It's really simple and it's a great plan.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Got my Nexus 4 today, and it's pretty slick. I was also pleasantly surprised how easy T-Mobile made switching SIM cards; the phone call with their support took two minutes.

Something tells me the lack of an SD slot is going to suck a little down the line, but the phone and T-Mobile prepaid have been great so far. :)

• Locked thread