Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anakha
Sep 16, 2009

moms pubis posted:

$10 per megabyte? Jesus. Be sure to turn off automatic updating for all your apps. I wouldn't even try to gently caress with that.

Seriously. I've got a 1GB data add-on, and I get by on that (lots of wifi hotspots around here). Isn't there something similar you can do for your phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

etalian posted:

LG tends to be one of the more mediocre companies for smartphones, at least for Android

Which is kind of surprising considering how big a hit the Optimus One (and all its variants) were when they came out.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Tremors posted:

One of us, one of us... If you're looking for a simple case, I suggest one of these. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...axy+nexus&ajr=0

No, I don't have a problem :shepface:

This, but with Diztronic and other brands.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Does anyone have any experience with the network quality of AT&T or T-Mobile in St Louis, Missouri? May be moving there in a few months from overseas and I wanted to see what my options were.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

SeaborneClink posted:

I did a cross country road trip this summer from the west coast to mid-west, we took a lunch detour to St Louis and I had decent coverage down on the waterfront and by the Card's stadium (on game day) pretty solid H+. I'm sure that's not too entirely helpful, but at least it's something v:shobon:v

What network are you on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

nickutz posted:

I don't live in St. Louis but go there frequently. I've used both AT&T and T-Mo there and the quality of both has been great for voice and data speed.

SeaborneClink posted:

Oh, AT&T, sorry. I missed the second part where you asked about T-Mo too.

Thanks to both of you. At least I know I can get some extra mileage out of my Galaxy Nexus then.

• Locked thread