Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
To continue with the T-Mobile talk here: I'm already a T-Mobile customer, I see that I need to buy the new SIM card online in order to get that $30/mo web exclusive plan.

A. Someone on this page said it was for new customers only, so would I have a problem doing this? Should I cancel my plan first? I'm not on a contract with them anymore.

B. I don't really know what information is stored on a SIM card. Would I lose anything when I swap out the SIM card in my G2 for the new one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply. Would porting my number to Google Voice and back count as becoming a "new customer?" And if so, is porting your number to Google Voice instantaneous enough that I could switch my number to it, then to my new sim card? I just want to minimize how long I'll be out of service/without my old number.

• Locked thread