Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a Nexus 4 and a T Mobile Wal Mart SIM, but I decided to have it transfer my number. The thing is though, I don't know / think I get -any- service at my house so i'm not sure if the activation worked or not. Is it supposed to say "No Service, Emergency Calls Only" and the like while it waits for my number to transfer? Their phone support was useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you tell if you have a T Mobile or AT&T Net10 sim card? I bought a activation kit from Amazon for $1.00 but it didn't say anywheres on it.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really wish ST would get AT&T Micro sims back. Literally no other MVNO works at my house or area. I can make calls fine on T Mobile, but they don't allow mobile data roaming, which sucks. Perhaps this new AT&T GoPhone will work but who knows.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that's unfortunate. Verizon owns all the towers up here, UNICEL. Thanks for the help though, i'll have to try out Net10 again.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lblitzer posted:

Just use Net10, same exact service as ST except they tell you right off the bat that you have 2.5gb of data, where as ST doesn't tell you that.

It's weird, I can't activate Net10 at my house (I bought a activation card which ended up being stolen anyways) because of my Zip code, but ST can activate there. I have another Net10 activation card coming my way though and will try it again.

Also thanks for the heads up about the Nokia phone Mister Fister.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't get Net10 data to work on my Nexus 4 at all. It's really annoying.

Does anyone know if AT&T GoPhone allows Data roaming?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That sucks, thanks though for the answer.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hmm still no go, thanks though. Looking into picking up one of Straight talks Verizon phones, wondering if I could just grab the Sim out of it and stick it in my nexus; it's a LG Optimuz Zip that i'm looking at

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's what I feared, thanks guys. Wish I didn't live in the American equivalent of the Third World :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have the worst luck. Straighttalk refuses to get any service in my house, yet T-Mobile does. I'm guessing T-Mobile must have a deal in place to roam onto Verizons towers but Straighttalk doesnt? Anyone know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nocal posted:

That's basically impossible, since T-Mo is GSM and Verizon is CDMA. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA, T-Mo and AT&T are GSM.

No idea then, when I have my T-Mo card in it goes onto UNICEL which Verizon owns. ST card goes onto a network called "HOME"

• Locked thread