Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

I'm finally making the switch to the N4 with TMO's $30/month plan.

I've been using a LG Optimus V with Virgin Mobile for the last year or two, $35/month with a really super lovely phone (seriously, I hate this phone). Saw that they had the Galaxy SII on sale for $279 for Valentine's Day and looked appealing. Luckily I read the thread and found the N4 for $20 more, which I'll save over the first four months with TMO.

I just wish Google would give me a shipping date already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

I just switched from an Optimus V on Virgin to a Nexus 4 with TMO on the $30/month plan. The Optimus V was starting to piss me off, most of it storage space related. Had so much on the sd card it would take forever to remount. I've had the Nexus 4 for about three days now, such a huge difference. I like having more than 200mb to install apps to and not using app2sd all the time. Plus it can actually run the newer stuff you see. Going from 2.2.2 to 4.2.2 was nice too.

Virgin had some upgrade to a Galaxy SII for $279, but for $299 (closer to 350 with shipping and everything) you can get a Nexus 4, then it is $5/month cheaper.

Pivit fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 28, 2013

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

It will ask you for the activation code which is in the booklet that comes with your prepaid sim, the sim number found on the card itself, and your phone's imei. Then you will have the option of getting a new telephone number or migrating your old phone number over to t-mobile. Hold your mouse over the ? on this page for more info.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

I switched from the Optimus V on Virgin to the Nexus 4 on TMO back around February. Couldn't be happier with it. If you have a decent TMO signal where you live I'd recommend making the switch. One of the better phones on VM is the Galaxy S II but thats a pretty old phone, especially for $279. For $299 you can get the 8gb Nexus 4, or $349 for the 16gb (you'll want the 16gb).

No matter what you get it will be an upgrade from the Optimus V.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

went up the spout again.

I didn't have to call anyone, you should be able to do it all online.

• Locked thread