Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
I think I'm going to have to lose my number switching from Net10 to AIO. No combination of account numbers/PINs on AIO's online port form is working. I tried so many times they blocked my payment info. And AIO's customer service has been useless so far. I'm going to try calling the customer service once more in the morning in the hopes of getting somebody helpful and after that I'm giving up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

ThermoPhysical posted:

Why not just port it to Google Voice, take whatever number AIO gives you, and just point the new GV number at the AIO number?

I mean I like AIO and all, but if you're having THAT much trouble, I would just do the alternative. Yeah, you'd be dealing with Voice and it's shortcomings (until they're hopefully fixed or somewhat made less painful by merging into Hangouts in about 2 months) but at least you'd get to keep your number.

Because Google Voice doesn't support my area code or something.

SB35 posted:

You can go back a page or two and see my account of ST to AIO porting. Rumor is though that a few dollars for a gophone or tmo sim, port out to there, and then porting into aio should be quick and easy. Don't give up just yet.

Yeah I read all I can on Net10/ST to AIO porting, thanks for posting the info. Didn't work for me though. If I were to get a TMO sim, does that mean I'd have to be on TMO for a month's bill, then switch to AIO? Or do I just activate on TMO and switch to AIO immediately? That actually sounds reasonable, since TMO sims are only 99 cents.

• Locked thread