Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

So once I'm out of contract I can just pick up a Straight Talk SIM at Walmart, put it in my AT&T phone and port my number/cancel service and cut my bill in half? I can't wait to do this but I can't help wondering why any cell company would actually allow this to happen? These are the most notoriously lovely and customer-abusive companies in the country. :confused:

Also, do the ATT straight talk SIMs support HSPA+ or just 3G?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Rastor posted:

You can't get the SIM at a Walmart, you have to order it from the link in the OP.

You get HSPA+. You don't get LTE.
Wow this is great, I don't even want LTE. Even with a corporate discount my contract price is $78 monthly from ATT and I'm going to cut that poo poo almost in half. Screw contracts.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I got an iPad 3 from work with a cellular antenna but they won't pay for a plan. What's the best way to get a micro SIM with a prepaid data plan for this thing? I'd prefer a refillable bucket of data rather than a monthly charge since I don't expect to use much at all.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Android Central put up a nice little article about prepaid. It answers some questions and also has a nice graphic of how much you can save:

http://www.androidcentral.com/prepaid-not-just-burner-phones-anymore

• Locked thread