Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TotallyGreen
Jun 30, 2002

REMIND ME AGAIN, HOW
THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED
ONES MOVE.
I noticed TMobile has their "Unlimited Any Mobile" feature you can add to any Tmobile plan for $10/month to get unlimited calling to any mobile phone.

I'm 98% sure this won't work, but could you add that to the $30/5gig plan to have the best $40 plan on earth? Or does that only work with post-paid plans?

Edit: Called TMobile. Unlimited any Mobile only applies for postpaid accounts.

TotallyGreen fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotallyGreen
Jun 30, 2002

REMIND ME AGAIN, HOW
THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED
ONES MOVE.
Have a buddy who wants a S3 and the $30 tmobile plan. He should make sure to buy the Tmobile version of the S3, right? SGH-T999? Is the only place (other than shady ebay/amazon private sellers) to get that model a tmobile store?

TotallyGreen
Jun 30, 2002

REMIND ME AGAIN, HOW
THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED
ONES MOVE.

Zero VGS posted:

He really should take a look at the N4 just because it's a comparable phone at half the price, if he wants to wait a few weeks. But the T-999 is the correct model to get if he does, as it gets full T-Mobile speeds in all cases.

Yes, you can get the SGS3 phone from the TMobile Store off-contract for I think around $650.

But, there's a shitload of deals going around for a free S3 with a contract. You can sign up for the contract and immediately cancel and pay the setup fee, early termination fee, and first month. It is a lot of paperwork but after all the dust settles you wind up paying about $300-400 and have the phone to use off-contract.

Lastly, eBay and especially Amazon are not as shady as you'd think and paying through your credit card on either site affords you multiple layers of protection. They are both all-too-happy to refund your money back from sellers when they try to scam you, sellers know this and typically play it straight. Amazon sellers have to clearly list the return policies and Amazon enforces them. I've bought a dozen high-end phones and just one was network disabled. I firmly threatened to do a chargeback on the seller and he relented and took the thing back for a full refund. Everything else worked perfectly.

Whatever you do, do not buy from Craigslist, because you have no recourse.

Thanks for the advice! I recommended a N4, but he had a SGS2 and loved it so he wants the S3.

• Locked thread