Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneTymChampion
Mar 3, 2003
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3 on eBay. It is brand new. When I entered the micro sim card into the phone, the phone said it was activated already. It was someone elses number. I was receiving their texts, calls, etc. I can even make calls and use 4g. I haven't personally activated a plan yet. I've never used sim cards before having been on just Virgin Mobile. I've ordered the sim card activation kit from T-Mobile so I can activate on the $30 prepaid plan. Should I just chuck the micro sim card and use the one I get from the kit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneTymChampion
Mar 3, 2003
No. The phone is T-Mobile branded. The first text I got from T-Mobile was welcoming me and showed the person's phone number. When I go to the settings phone status, it shows as in service but "My phone number" shows as unknown. The eBay seller is from Plano, Texas and the area code of the person's phone number I have is from Plano, Texas.

OneTymChampion
Mar 3, 2003

Island Nation posted:

This seems like a dumb question for me to ask but I decided to go prepaid and get the $30/month T-Mobile plan. The problem I have is both cell phones I use are MicroSIM only so can I replace the SIM card at a T-Mobile store with MicroSIM or should I just cut down the card once I receive it?

You can try to cut and if that doesn't work, go to the store. I got a micro sim card free of charge at a tmobile store using the same plan. It was no hassle and took maybe 2 minutes.

OneTymChampion
Mar 3, 2003
I ported my number from virgin mobile using tmobile's online process. I never had to call tmobile to get ported. And if you mess up your sim card, your number isn't lost. I tried cutting down the sim card I got with the activation pack online. My phone wasn't recognizing the sim card. I went to a tmobile store and explained my situation. The guy typed in my # into the computer. He scanned a new micro sim card, and it worked. My brother did the same exact thing a a couple days ago.

• Locked thread