Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niyqor
Dec 1, 2003

Paid for by the meat council of America

Toilet Clam posted:

The T-Mobile $30 plan sounds great, because I make very few calls, except that I have to sit in on a conference call once a month that usually lasts 2-2.5 hours. I'm usually home for it, so I could use VoIP, but it sounds like all of that is going away in May? Or do you just have to use Google's servers? Also T-Mobile's service is just rated "good" in my area, how good is "good?" Will I get 4g?

Not sure if this is an option for you but I'd recommend just using your computer to make this call. I'm at a computer all day and end up needing to call into a conference call every morning and then smaller calls throughout the day. Started using Google Hangouts on the computer with this headset and it is great.

Another benefit is that everyone agrees I'm easier to understand when calling through my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niyqor
Dec 1, 2003

Paid for by the meat council of America

FAUXTON posted:

E2: Hangouts chat messages (not SMS) are failing to send. Mother Fucker.

This actually might have been an issue with Google Hangouts. Hangouts is the primary form of communication for my entirely remote company and there were all sorts of issues today.

• Locked thread