Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeratain
Apr 5, 2004

I have no socially redeeming value.
My family has taken in a married couple from another country who are in the US on refugee status. I'd like to get them setup with mobile phones so they can get around easier. Budget is obviously a consideration but here's the criteria I'm trying to help them meet.

1) Two lines
2) Two cheap smartphones
3) Ideally unlimited text + data
4) They will do international calling, but this can be done through Google Voice or through a phone card, so no need for an international plan.

Is there an ideal setup for two people, or should I get them setup on Straight Talk for $45/mo *2 or Virgin Mobile's $35/mo plan?

Thanks and happy Thanksgiving, all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeratain
Apr 5, 2004

Google Voice wont be a dealbreaker for them, they can use phone cards. Any reason not to get them two HTC One Vs for $99 / each off contract and get them Virgin Mobile accounts? http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13221631&prodFindSrc=cart

Jeratain
Apr 5, 2004

Thanks for the tips. They are refugees from Iran, so I don't think they will have crazy minute usage (a lot of Skype calling though). Will also refer them to Rebtel.

• Locked thread