Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

IuniusBrutus posted:

I didn't see anything in the OP, so question time:

I am on TMo pre-paid. Will they boot me if I am tethering or using my phone as a WiFi hotspot?

I was only able to use it for a few days before I was cut off from tethering and redirected to a page to pay for their tethering service.

hotsauce posted:

Or you could pony up an extra $15/month, effectively doubling your data to 10 gigs and allows for full unrestricted tethering.

When I did this, I was throttled once I hit 5gb to abysmal dial-up like speeds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="417526906"]
Buy an S4 off Craigslist and get a sim card from tmobile for like $1. Activate the $30 100 minute plan online. Port your number in after the account is already set up with a new number from tmobile.

Good idea unless you get a stolen phone/not paid for phone and your service gets blocked about 6 weeks in. This happened to me with a "refurbished" S3 I purchased off of Amazon.

• Locked thread