Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I'm looking at getting the T-Mobile 30 dollar a month plan and throwing like 35-40 bucks on every month for the occasional voice overage. One thing I'm worried about though and I'm not sure if it's a real issue or just someone making poo poo up. If I port my number over to Google Voice and have my voice mails delivered through their system, am I going to see my minutes balance reduced every time I get a voice mail?

I read somewhere else that Tmobile charges you minutes for calls that go to voice mail as well, regardless of how you check your voice mail. I'm not sure if that's just an issue with Tmobiles voice mail system or something I will bypass all together if I use Google Voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

BoyBlunder posted:

I set up my T-Mo # to ring on GV. If someone calls my GV #, it'll route to my phone (with my prepaid T-Mo SIM), and if I don't pick up, GV will handle the voicemail.

That's pretty much my plan if I go forward. Thanks!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

EDIT: Never mind, answered my own question.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 30, 2013

• Locked thread