Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquarium Gravel
Oct 21, 2004

I dun shot my dick off
About to take the Straight Talk plunge - I have an AT&T Contract due to run out 9/22, and intend to transfer my number the same day. Good bye, Death Star - you may have been expensive, but at least your service sucked. I have an unlocked (from Google) GSM Galaxy Nexus, my girlfriend has an AT&T iPhone 4. We should be able to buy StraightTalk SIM cards and sign up for a $45 a month unlimited plan each, and carry on.

I checked past months data usage - neither of us has ever gone over a gig of data per month in the last 8 months at least. Is it reasonable to expect, if I want to bang out a few emails on my laptop or Nexus 7, instead of my phone, that I won't get busted for tethering if I use the GNex as a WiFi hotspot? I'm not talking about torrents, Youtube, or any media, just quick, emergency WiFi, staying under their 100mb a day limit.

Anyone see any pitfalls to this plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread