Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
Does anyone know of a plan that meets this criteria (US)?

-Unlimited Calling
-Some texting, but unlimited isn't necessary
-MMS included
-No data needed
-$30/mo

My wife's mother currently has MetroPCS for $25/mo, unlimited texting and calling, but can't send MMS. She asked me about other options, but most other plans seem higher because they try to make it unlimited voice/text/data. Republic Wireless would be great except for the fact that they think Canada is part of the US while Puerto Rico is International :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005

Uthor posted:

How "unlimited"? TMobile had a $30/month plan that gives you 1500 minutes or texts, virtually no data. It's a little weird, but works great for my parents that call a lot but don't text or use data. 25 hours of talk is inconceivable for me, but I'm fine with the nerd plan.

I asked the same question, we did the math, and it's definitely "unlimited". 91 hrs/month average for the last 4 months.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005

clockworx posted:

Does anyone know of a plan that meets this criteria (US)?

-Unlimited Calling
-Some texting, but unlimited isn't necessary
-MMS included
-No data needed
-$30/mo

My wife's mother currently has MetroPCS for $25/mo, unlimited texting and calling, but can't send MMS. She asked me about other options, but most other plans seem higher because they try to make it unlimited voice/text/data. Republic Wireless would be great except for the fact that they think Canada is part of the US while Puerto Rico is International :argh:

After research I found a couple options for my scenario from before:

Jolt Mobile - AT&T MVNO for $30/mo

Family Mobile - Walmart/Tmobile prepaid venture. $30/mo or $20 if she qualifies for income-based discount

Anyone here been on either of these?

EDIT: Scratch the above, apparently Jolt is an MVNO under Airvoice and Airvoice offers the same plan. So...probably going to end up with Airvoice.

clockworx fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 23, 2013

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005

Gozinbulx posted:

So, I know AIO is a division of AT&T, but is it the exact same network? I see that they suffered a outage last month, but it sems it only affected AIO users, suggesting that its a different network.

Basically, will AIO be as fast and reliable as my fiances AT&T, which always has coverage and fast LTE?

It's not a division of AT&T, it's an MVNO. The short answer is "usually, but with hiccups at the carrier's discretion"

EDIT: An MVNO owned by AT&T, but I guess with the same issues as other MVNOs.

clockworx fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 17, 2014

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
Awesome chart! Small correction - cricket's $40 plan is 500MB, not 250MB

• Locked thread