Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
This seems like a dumb question for me to ask but I decided to go prepaid and get the $30/month T-Mobile plan. The problem I have is both cell phones I use are MicroSIM only so can I replace the SIM card at a T-Mobile store with MicroSIM or should I just cut down the card once I receive it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
This was what I was planning as well and I too thought it was just a clickable option from activating the service online. If it's anything like going from telcos to VOIP, it's because you have to go through a independent third party so that you don't get slammed (having your TN changing carriers without your permission). I believe human interaction is required to do this so that would explain why the call is necessary.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Nihiliste posted:

Oh hey, here's a question - in the T-Mobile SIM kit, what size SIM do they give you? Old-style? Micro? Nano (which I doubt)?

I got a normal SIM and swapped it out for a Micro SIM at a T-Mobile store

• Locked thread