Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«95 »
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Fallen Rib

opengl128 posted:

I use the one you linked and I'm really happy with it. Zero greasy residue, smells nice.

meatpimp posted:

I have access to all of Zymol's product. I use their vinyl and leather cleaners and conditioners and it's one of their products that I really recommend. Especially the leather stuff. Smells like bananas and I've never had a leather problem after using it on at least a dozen different cars over the years.

A lot of their other products are "meh," but the leather stuff is legit.
trip report: ended up buying this stuff based on the recommendations here. the Meguiar's product seems to do really well as far as an all-in-one can go, it gave the soft plastic on my radio a bit of a stippled finish which I didn't like, but otherwise it did a great job of cleaning up scrapes and protecting without shine.

thanks for the heads up abouy zymol! my seats love this stuff and it really does smell like bananas.

on a related note, my front and rear bumpers need to be repainted really bad. would love recommendations on a body shop in the Boston area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Man M27 is easy stuff to work with. I would almost not mind if the durability is a bit lower considering how quick it was to coat an entire car and wipe off. In full sun even.

I didn't bother doing a full correction on my BRZ since I did a pretty decent one on it last year and it spent the whole winter in the garage. I just washed really well and applied it on top. Next day in the morning sun it looks stunning, very glossy.

It was a sunny 85 degree humid day yesterday and that's when I applied it. No issue at all wiping it off after applying it to the whole car first even though I had no shade at all.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

EVERYWHERE
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

thanks for the heads up abouy zymol! my seats love this stuff and it really does smell like bananas.

Glad it worked out for you. I don't know if it's worth the price premium, but it is good stuff.

bull3964 posted:

Man M27 is easy stuff to work with. I would almost not mind if the durability is a bit lower considering how quick it was to coat an entire car and wipe off.

I don't have anything bad to say about it so far. I've got it on the Escalade, which is an outside car, so I'll know more about durability soon.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I also coated the summer wheels with it as well before I put them back on the car, that'll be the real test of durability.

I'm all in on the hybrid ceramic stuff from megs right now. I was already using (and liking) the hybrid spray wax from last year. My one quibble with that is that if you didn't use a pressure washer to rinse the spray wax off, you were sometimes left with streaks. I also picked up their new ceramic spray detailer this year as well.

I figure that every 3rd wash or so it will get hit with the hybrid spray ceramic wax to keep things nice and fresh and I'll use the ceramic detailer as a drying aid otherwise. That should keep things pretty easy and stretch the durability of the application.

I may apply a second coat of M27 first though. It rained for about 15 minutes about an hour after I finished applying it. I cleaned the water off right away afterwards, but I know it says that it should cure for 24 hours so I'm not sure how much that short shower could have affected my application.

The Golf R was easy. Washed it with Carpro Reset. Dried it. Applied the ceramic booster spray that I got after the ceramic application. Looks stunning afterward. It was coated in Xpel's ceramic coating (after Xpel PPF) last year. Supposed to be a 4 year coating.

I will say though I'm a little iffy what I was seeing about the hydrophobic qualities of that coating afterwards. The car still sprays clean very easily, but there were areas where water was sheeting rather than beading even after washing. Though, in some areas, (like the roof) that seemed to change after awhile. When I first washed and rinsed the roof part of it was beading, part was sheeting. When I later rinsed the whole car, the whole roof was beading again. I was still getting sheeting on high exposure areas like the hatch and lower rocker panels. I'm going to guess that these are surface contaminant issues that may go away with time, especially after using the ceramic booster spray. From what I understand about the coatings, as the coating wears and some tiny imperfections develop, the beading can be affected, but the booster sprays fill in these microscopic pock marks to restore the hydrophobic properties.

This was the first real wash on the R in months due to weather, so I attribute a lot of what I was seeing to that. I expect things to improve as I regularly wash this summer. Visually though, things look just as good as they did when I got it coated in August of last year.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

What’s everyone’s favorite product (and applicator) for dehazing headlights?

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

blk posted:

What’s everyone’s favorite product (and applicator) for dehazing headlights?

The 3M one worked great for about 6 months until the single UV protectant pad application they give you is worn through by the sun

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Funny you ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDB5U4QUdD0

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

FR8 4 LYFE

Fun Shoe

Arson Daily posted:

I used this:

And a lake white pad to get a similar amount of hazing on my wife's xc90 lenses to this:

Last page but this worked pretty drat well for the amount of effort I put into it. Took less than 5 minutes total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

For The Record...

Building a shed up front by the driveway just for car related bits.

In headlight chat just use a kit on sale and make sure to use a powered drill
And don’t do it by hand. Clear over it.

«95 »