Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I don't remember where but I've heard good things about the Black Magic line of tire products. They're readily available (walmart) and have a number of options for glossiness, application (pressurized, spray bottle), etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I've stopped applying the stuff manually, I just have the rain-x blades now that have that stuff impregnated in the rubber or something? I don't know how it works exactly but it's like magic, I put those blades on and within the first day or so of rain, the rain beads off as if I'd applied rain-x by hand directly. I forget which rain-x blades they are exactly, you should be able to figure it out from looking at the packaging which one self-applies. Worth every penny.

I've been running those through some pretty godawful storms in Iowa since last winter and have had zero issues. The blades function very well in and of themselves, too: I live on about 2 miles of gravel, so they're having to put up with a lot of abusive grit pretty constantly. Hasn't impacted their performance at all that I can tell.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Seminal Flu posted:

Doesn't get rid of the need for wipers

Unless you're doing 70+, then it pretty much does.