Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
Hail, auto goons. Would love a little advice here

Just purchased a 2006 Lexus GX470. It has a clear, protective film across the front of the hood, the front bumper, the side rear view mirrors, and other areas that receive some wear and tear with highway travel. It seems like a lot of Lexus owners were sold these as both cars I saw had the same wraps on them.

It’s getting a little old and dirty. Think it may be time to pull it off.

I’ve seen that they can generally be removed with a heat gun, adhesive remover, and plastic scraper. Is this a recommended DIY job? Would obviously hate to scratch up the paint in the process and turn it into a much more expensive deal.

Also, the headlights look like they also have this protective film, but I can’t find the seam. Is it possible they are wrapped? It seems I can scratch the surface of the headlights with a fingernail so I’m pretty sure it’s a protective layer as the actual covers wouldn’t scratch so easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU