Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Jesus loving christ there are so many interior detailing products. All I want is a good all purpose cleaner.

Meguiar's has the All Purpose Cleaner mentioned in the OP, but they also have this Ultimate Interior Detailer, and a few other sprays.

I hate the "greasy" crap that cheap detailers use inside my car. I really just want to get it clean and reasonably protected. What's the best option here?

Also, would love a recommendation for a leather cleaner that won't darken gray seats. Have had that issue with some of the hardware store wipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

opengl128 posted:

I use the one you linked and I'm really happy with it. Zero greasy residue, smells nice.

meatpimp posted:

I have access to all of Zymol's product. I use their vinyl and leather cleaners and conditioners and it's one of their products that I really recommend. Especially the leather stuff. Smells like bananas and I've never had a leather problem after using it on at least a dozen different cars over the years.

A lot of their other products are "meh," but the leather stuff is legit.
trip report: ended up buying this stuff based on the recommendations here. the Meguiar's product seems to do really well as far as an all-in-one can go, it gave the soft plastic on my radio a bit of a stippled finish which I didn't like, but otherwise it did a great job of cleaning up scrapes and protecting without shine.

thanks for the heads up abouy zymol! my seats love this stuff and it really does smell like bananas.

on a related note, my front and rear bumpers need to be repainted really bad. would love recommendations on a body shop in the Boston area.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

my buddy sent me these pics asking if I have a buffer :aaa:

Uhh what happened

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Digital_Jesus posted:

So whats everyones go-to for foam/soap to do washes on a ceramic coat these days? I just had my ride PPF'd and Ceramic'd. Just something PH neutral? Adams / Chem Guys ?
I have no idea about this, but wanted to mention that I bought some chemical guys "orange degreaser" and it was super weak. Even undiluted and with tons of scrubbing with a brush it couldn't get all the dust and grime out of my rubber floor liners.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Minto Took posted:

Simple Green till I die.
Word which one should I get?

Also this is on their homepage with zero context and I have many questions

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

MomJeans420 posted:

Update: the sap that was covering my car washed off very easily with just a regular wash. I think my collinite + bead maker combo may have had something to do it with as the windows still had some sap on them post-wash, but that came off easily with Ammo's breathe or whatever their drying agent is called (it's some easily evaporated hydrocarbon)
I would love some more info about this. The driveway at my parents' place is lined with pine trees that have utterly murdered every car they own with sap. It's so bad that when I go there I park towards the street. They get their cars detailed a couple times a year but it's not enough to get the sap out, and they are left with some sealed in that eats away at the paint and turns into spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

So if I were to get my bumpers repainted, I should wait a month before doing a detail? Or should I just get the detail done first?