Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Can anyone recommend a good detailer in the Los Angeles (San Fernando Valley, if possible) area? I asked Facebook but I don't think they know what a detailed is :tinfoil:

Also how much should I expect to pay? I bought a new car which I want detailed inside and out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

MomJeans420 posted:

I got some water spots that I left on my car for ~1 week and they are seriously stuck on there (quick detailing spray + a rag wouldn't get them off). I need to polish and clay the car anyway, but is there a good trick in the future to removing these? vinegar?
So I just dealt with this - white vinegar mixed about 50/50 with water, spray on, wait a beat, wipe off with some pressure.

It also significantly helped to just wash the car with filtered water - my house has pretty hard water, and throwing one of these in-line on my hose made all the difference.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

IOwnCalculus posted:

Does it impact water flow much at all? Wonder if I could use it with my pressure washer.
Not discernibly at all.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Looks a lot like water spots. Try mixing some white vinegar and water, spray on, let it sit ~ 30 seconds, wipe firmly off?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Krakkles posted:

I don't know on the ozone machine, but have a couple suggestions:

This Arm & Hammer product will absolutely remove bad smells (like mildew). However, first you also need to get the moisture out, which is what you need Damp Rid for. I suspect the ozone machine will replace the Arm & Hammer, but you'll still need the Damp Rid, either way.

So, put the Damp Rid bucket in your car, leave it in a sunny location with the windows all sealed, a couple days is what I've always shot for. Once that's done, if the smell persists, throw the Arm & Hammer all over the carpet, wait ~5 minutes, vacuum it all up.

Bonus, your vacuum will smell better.

On actually renting an ozone machine, local detail shops, maybe?

Ozone machine is well regarded for this, too, though. Whichever floats your boat.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jul 20, 2019

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Matte, but it's still not going to match. Paint it?

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

It won't help, because tap water is going to cause water spots. The distilled water thing works because there isn't a bunch of crap dissolved in the water.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I’m not recommending anyone do this, but I know for a fact you can buy brake fluid at the 99c store.

But yeah, being poor sucks and costs a lot.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Chinatown posted:

That Milwaukee handheld might be the jam. I'm also gonna use it around my apartment. Tired of dragging out my Shark floor vac for small jobs in the kitchen and stuff.
Don't get the M12, you want the M18.

edit: Looks like that's what the video said, sorry! The big rectangular one is the one I have and use, for what that's worth.

I have both, and I exclusively use the M12 to vacuum up bugs at this point because that's about the extent of what it can handle. The M18 is a very good vacuum.

Krakkles fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 9, 2020

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Phone posted:

I'm cleaning up the garage and I have a box of compounds and polishes that are probably coming up on being 7 years old at this point. The label on the polishes say that they're good for 2 years... and if it was like year 3 or 4, I could see just shaking them up real good and calling it done... but it's been almost 7.

I should just toss these, right?
Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

When it rains my backup camera becomes almost useless because it's so blurry from all the water on it. I'm wondering if something like Aquapel on the lens would help.
I Rain-X'd my Nest doorbell for the same reason, it worked well.