Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I am looking at cleaning under the hood but using a pressure washer scares me. Is it ok to just spray on some cleaner, no idea which?, and blast that poo poo off?

If anyone is wondering I am not cleaning the lancia engine bay, that would remove all the structural support!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Detailing thread I need your help! I sell car parts online which i source from a friends scrap yard... Now at the min I am selling alot of wing mirrors and lights. The problem I have this that some of the mirrors are scratched on the plastic outside. This makes a £30 mirror sell for like £10... So I need to clean them up. Can I buff it out? I can't spray them as I would need more paint colors than a spray shop and that would eat the profit. I have attached a couple images trying to show the scratches. One has like a serious stone chip which I guess is terminal for that product.

http://imgur.com/a/b69Xo

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Cool thanks I am thinking of using the one with the stone chip as a practise! I have heard nail polish is a good stone chip cover. Is underneath so not that obvious.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Yeah on a non removable panel like that it's going to be a pain in the rear end and therefore expensive!

Does anyone have a go to for alloy cleaners? I have a supplier of good alloys but they are all minging. I am thinking something industrial to spray on and leave for a while and jet wash off to perfect clean shine...

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
U.K. Goon :( bilberry seems ok? I can get that online.