Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

amishbuttermaster posted:

I also really like to do dried beans. Rather than having to soak them overnight and then simmer on a stovetop for hours and hours you drop the beans in, fill with liquid and then do like the above for about an hour. This is really great for tougher beans like black beans. Getting tender Cuban black beans in an hour is a wonderful thing.

Cooking beans without a pressure cooker is like living in the nightmarish black-and-white world of the infomercial where THERE HAS TO BE A BETTER WAY.

There is, and it's a pressure cooker. Pressure those beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Squidder posted:

I just got done making Mini Meatball Broth and it's delicious!

That's a great site for recipes, she does a lot of pasta in the pressure cooker - I wouldn't have thought of it but I guess it makes sense. It just keeps going and going, I'm going to have to seriously consider replacing my ancient pressure cooker that doesn't seal right.

• Locked thread