Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItalicSquirrels
Feb 15, 2007

What?
Just found the thread. Also in Maryland, near DC to be exact, and would be interested in the guild idea. In project news, I'm working on making a very simple belt-pouch for when I go to the Renn Faire. My girlfriend convinced me to dress up in long shirt, leggings, and boots, leaving me without a suitable pocket for our money/small items/phones.

I've got awl, rubber hammer, thread, needles, leather (Amazon had what seemed to be a decent deal on scraps ~ 8in. by 6in.), and ruler. Am I missing anything besides the gouger and spacer? Also, does anyone have tips for making such a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItalicSquirrels
Feb 15, 2007

What?
I used a kit to make a dice-bag, but my girlfriend said that she wanted it green so I dyed it green. Now I'm getting a little haze of green on my hands whenever I handle it. Is the dye just not dry? Or should I spend some time rubbing it with newspaper or a soft cloth to try and rub off some of the stuff?

Ninja edit: Part of the bag is suede and I think that's where the color's coming from. The leather part I already waxed and buffed.