Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Experimenting with a hip pouch design and a small container.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
I finally finished this Koffing themed shoulder bag that I made as a gift for my girlfriend. This was my first time doing a significant amount of hand sewing leather and I'm really satisfied with the result.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Finally got some pictures of a tattoo gun case I made for a friend.
Its a wet formed clam shell case that's fur lined for extra drop protection.

Its hard to tell from the photo but each half of the clam shell is about an inch deep to make room for the fur thickness

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Trabant posted:

That's really cool!

How did you attach the fur? Lining in general is kind of a black art to me, so I'm really curious what worked for you.

I slowly applied it from the center out with contact cement and trimmed it flush. It doesn't see rough use so it should last quite awhile but we'll see.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
Im glad this thread got bumped cause I forgot about it.

I decided I wanted to make my dog a leather bone toy so I 3d modeled a form, 3d printed it, and wet formed two shells to fill and sew together. She doesn't eat her toys so don't worry about poisoning. I also used veg tanned leather just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
I imagine you could easily get more depth on the stamp if you made the leather a little damp. The success on that will be pretty different between chrome or veg tan leather though.