Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Four-Twenty
Feb 10, 2005

no fear
Ambient music, I love it so much. Especially the more droney and minimal stuff.
One artist that hasn't been mentioned here as far as I can see is Stephan Mathieu.
He seems to be most well known for his digital manipulations of ancient and lo-fi recordings. A great way to start, is to check out Radioland, where he processed shortwave radio signals.
He also does a lot of collaborations, including a nice album of Smog/Bill Callahan drone covers together with vocalist Sylvain Chauveau.Here's an example. In addition, when performing live, he does some very interesting things with ebows and virginals (sort of like a harpsichord).

Also, I coordinate a weekly radioshow on drone, ambient & minimalism on some obscure belgian radio station (EDIT: it's in dutch though). Sometimes we also upload our episodes on mixcloud.

And finally, here is my valentines drone & ambient mix I did recently (also broadcast on the same show!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four-Twenty
Feb 10, 2005

no fear

SineRider posted:

Just came across the music of Taylor Deupree. So relaxing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWGnkV4I4IQ

Anyone know any similar music?

Basically everything on 12k.

I would especially recommend:
Marcus Fischer - Monocoastal
Illuha - Shizuku
Shuttle358 - chessa

and in the same vein also
chihei hatakeyama-saunter
opitope-hau

also the marcus fischer/deupree collab is really amazign