Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

pepito sanchez posted:

Wait maybe I'm dumb and this is a pvp change?

It's not listed as a PVP change in the patch notes (some changes are).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
I soloed in City of Mist on my shaman all the way to 60. If you have your epic (grats on that btw) it might be a good choice. 2nd level and higher obviously.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Mormon Star Wars posted:

So, is this the first officially-sanctioned-by-the-IP-holders MMO emulation project? I'd assume it's beating Asheron's Call since the server tools are coming for it, but haven't been released yet.

Richard Garriott made an in-game appearance as Lord British on UO Second Age last year. UOSA is basically the Ultima Online equivalent of P99 (and I don't understand why more people don't play there :(). Although technically I don't know if Garriott is the IP holder for Ultima these days.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Yeah I can remember from classic era EQ that good players usually knew they were good, and some of them would act accordingly snobbish about it. I remember being resentful of group members for being snobbish dicks while also being relieved that they joined the group because we could start steamrolling the dungeon. By the same token I remember the oh poo poo moments when notoriously bad players would join the group and it was countdown to wipe time. For better or worse that's a much richer spectrum of emotional responses that the game could potentially get out of you than most modern mmo's I've tried, due mostly to all the "improvements" made to the genre over the years.

Relayer fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 1, 2015

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Not_Rainbow_Horse posted:

I'm dusting off my 34 rogue Frag and I need macros, anyone know some off hand? I think something like hide after bs to minimize aggro? I don't remember as it's been a while since i played this character.

Turn off auto attack and then hide yeah, that will give you an evade check I believe which lowers aggro if you succeed.

• Locked thread