Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt
May 26, 2003

Can I get an invite to the goon guild?
There is still a goon guild right?

I've been running around as a druid named Starberry.

Yesterday I died right after I hit level 10 and dropped back down to 9, and it just felt right. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

People on this server are really nice.

I started a monk, because I am a perpetual lowbie, and some random dude ran up to me and handed me a Wu's Quivering Staff, a 5ac/55hp ring, a black headband, and Iksar Scaled gloves.

I'm styling on stuff in Qeynos hill now :D

I think I might roll with the monk over the druid I rolled(and who is in the guild). Monk seems pretty fun. I wish there was an easy way to transfer stuff between characters.

My monk's name is Khabib, level 10 so far.

Edit: anyone here a tailor? I am looking to buy some cured silk stuff. Chest/feet/arms/legs specifically.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 28, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

https://www.norrathmap.com/

Found this today. Should go in the OP. I didn't see it there at least.

Sorta ghetto zone mapper that uses the log file to track where you are. It's pretty handy since the in-game map is disabled.

Now I don't spend twenty minutes being lost every time I have to go to town :D

Dirt
May 26, 2003

aparmenideanmonad posted:

There's multiple map apps out there if you want to use them. There's also eqmaps mirrors and the P99 wiki. Or you could, like, learn the goddamn zones. You certainly get to spend a long enough time in them leveling, might as well tear your eyes away from a minimap and look at the landmarks they conveniently leave everywhere. [/grognard]

I mean, most zones aren't too bad. I know all the main outdoor zones pretty well, but some of the towns drive me nuts. Neriak? Oggok? Paineel? Ugh

The mini map is nice for places like that.

I am also totally unfamiliar with most level 40+ content(Highest I ever got on live was a 42ish Wizard), so I am thinking this is going to come in handy. I am pretty happy I found it :D

Dirt fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 2, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Pilsner posted:

I also made this similar (and ten times prettier) map tool :)

http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap

This is much better than the other one.

Thanks!

Dirt
May 26, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

Do we know what changes are coming with Velious? How soon for the hybrid xp penalty removal?

I think the guy said " a few months" after Velious release for the hybrid penalty.

I listened to that twitch stream while killing things. The biggest thing I took from it was that they want to do a "recycle server" once Velious is"done"(there will be no more expansions, just the updates along the timeline I guess, eventually it will be done, with possibly custom made content after that).

The recycle server works like this:

New server, starts out pre-Kunark, then moves along a timeline up to Velious "end time", and then merges with the normal blue server, and resets back to pre-Kunark.

That sounds pretty awesome to me :D Maybe we could get a new goon rush onto the new server. But it also sounds like it's going to be awhile before this new server happens.

ALSO I have a question: , they were talking about "waking the sleeper" and ruining things for people after that. I never got that far in EQ, I sorta remember hearing about the sleeper and all that, but what does that mean exactly? What happens if one raiding guild wakes the sleeper? The guy said they will never reset it. Is that bad?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I listened to the stream, and it definitely felt like he was joking when he/they were calling people nerds and talking about pixels.

I mean, you are definitely some kind of nerd if you are playing a loving emulator of a game from 16 years ago. That's ok, I am too... But don't get all butthurt about it. :psyduck:

Dirt fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Apr 9, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

I started a Gnome Wizard, named Wizardry, because I am an uncreative goon who hates naming characters.

I got to lvl 8 and after I sold all my cloth armor (I had a robe and a staff left) I would able to buy Gate, Root, and my lvl 8 nuke. This is only going to get worse isn't it?

Hit up the area near the minotaur caves around level 12, stuff there drops gems that sell for a good amount. Should help with your early spells at least.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

FranktheBank posted:

Currently level 10 enchanter named Lolpedia, let me know if you want to group. Currently farming belts in CB. Should I go elsewhere?

Crushbone is great money for as long as you can stand it. Those belts are such a good income source.

At level 12, if you feel like soloing/duoing, steamfont near the Minotaur caves, or the 4 Minotaur spawn near the lfay zone in is crazy good money for low levels. Minotaur axes sell for 3p9g, and they drop gems that sell for anywhere from 4s to 20p. Drakes/Earth Elementals/Harpies(near the Minotaur cave) all drop gems too.

That's what I did, and I made a ton of cash.

I have a level 17 Mage named Innernette. Hit me up when you get a little higher if you want to wreck some stuff with pets.

edit: also go do the Stein of Moggok quest. Easy 300pp. Also a great item for you.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Apr 24, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Maed posted:

What guild are people in on blue now? I seem to be the only one in Unknown Guild.

That's a good question.

I have my first character I made(Druid) in Unknown Guild, but after I quit playing that character I tried a few of the newbie friendly guilds, Riddle, Go Team Good Guys, Order of the Hammer(currently in this one). They all seem the same, basically guild chat is a LFG/beg for buffs or free stuff channel.

I'd be interested in joining a better guild, or working on getting Unknown Guild active again if possible.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I have the leader tag for UG on an alt druid and I'm happy to give out officer tags. Just let me know when you're going to be online and I'll do my best to hop on. I gave Gakan access to the account but it doesn't seem like he ever used it.

I am pretty active, so I have no problem being around to invite other goons into the guild. Shoot me a tell in game(Innernette) and I can meet up with you.

I am hoping the Velious release and new thread will get some new people to play, and maybe bring back some older folks too. Maybe we can get this guild up to a reasonable size :)

Dirt fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 26, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

borf posted:

After looking into that, they're dealing in 100k+. I'm looking to move 112pp. :(

Send me a tell in game, my characters name is Innernette. I can give you 100 plat to get started.

What class are you playing? I might have some random items too.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

RedSiver posted:

I've got a 25 druid and an 18 necro on blue and about 900pp banked. With Velious coming out, I really want to make sure I get ahold of the Circlet of Shadow for my necro before it gets nerfed. What do you guys think is the quickest way of generating plat with those two characters so I can buy one before the price presumably goes through the roof? Or is having a Circlet of Shadow not as big of a deal as some people make it seem?

Is your necromancer an Erudite by chance? Paineel guards are good money for levels 20-30. But it's annoying if you aren't an erudite. It's do able as other races. But it's tricky getting in, and you can't sell /bank in the zone.

Also Gargoyles in oot are good. They drop eyes that vendor for 10pp each, and they are light weight and stackable.

If you get the camp and poopsock hard you can get enough plat together.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 27, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Victory Lap posted:

Hahahahaha, Velious release got pushed to August 1st/2nd? Is this for real?

Looks like it:

Rogean posted:

It’s been a busy year for Project 1999 and we have some exciting news we’ve been really anxious to share with all of you. As some of you may be aware, in the past there has been both confusion and concern over the status of Project 1999. We have recently entered into a written agreement with Daybreak Game Company LLC that formally recognizes Project 1999 as a fan based, not-for-profit, classic EverQuest emulation project. The agreement establishes the guidelines that we as a project must follow, but it will allow to us continue to update the game without risk of legal repercussions. As a show of good faith to support the efforts of Daybreak Games, we have decided to reschedule our expansion release as to not conflict with the upcoming new progression server being released in the coming weeks.

We would like to personally thank all the folks at Daybreak and acknowledge how awesome it is for a company to work with and embrace the creations of their fans. This is really something that’s unique in the gaming industry.

The Velious release has been rescheduled to the following dates:

Saturday, August 1st for the Project 1999 PvP Server.
Sunday, August 2nd for the Project 1999 PvE Server.

We would also like to sincerely apologize to those of you that have already established plans for a May release. We know many of you had scheduled time off from work and even planned parties or trips. I hope you can understand the importance and necessity of the decision we have made and we encourage those of you waiting in the meantime to enjoy the Daybreak Progression Server when it is released.

No idea what all that Daybreak stuff is about.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Any of you planning on jumping ship for the EQLive progression server that opens up in June?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

nomadologique posted:

I have not found this to be true. Just for instance, every fight I've done with my guild the tanks have had mallets. All the monks I know (myself included) are able to FD split easily enough, although Sneak has been buggy lately. Everybody runs chanters because they're gods in both PVE and PVP, and I've been in plentiful groups with 2+ chanters/necros with charmed pets absolutely demolishing xp grinds. Can't say for bards because I haven't been in Fear at all, it's really a horrible horrible place on Red... and the haste mechanics, you may have me there because I'm not sure what you're referring to (bard haste is supplemental to buff/item haste?).

Also: lots of people on Red, especially the oldest and most established people, have characters on Blue.

So semi random question: I don't know poo poo about raid level stuff, but I googled Midnight Mallets, and saw it brings up a quest where you give some troll a ruby, and she gives you either a Midnight Mallet, a Brutechopper, or an Ivandyr's Hoop.

Is this quest still working? How many rubies am I looking at burning before I get an Ivandyr's Hoop?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I Love You! posted:

Ivy hoop quest is disabled at this point to my knowledge.

Lame.

Looked like a cool ear item I could use on my mage.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Pillow Armadillo posted:

They're still questable, just can't recharge them any longer and rare to find. Maybe 10 rubies or so? It's a crapshoot like the Robe of the Underfoot.

How do people recharge items with charges? I get it that Ivandyr's Hoop is not rechargeable, but other items are, correct?

I just realized rubies cost like 120pp each. Probably can't afford to attempt that for awhile :P

Edit: Also, I am thinking about hopping on the EQLive Progression server when it launches. But I want to make sure we have a decent goon presence! I hate playing online games without you dorks.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 30, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Dubious posted:

Is it really worth it to start saving money for a set of fine plate gear? With my starter plat i was gifted i bought a full set of bronze but i'm not a fatass race and that poo poo is heavy. I also remember FP lasting for goddamn ever back in the day.

Or should i just save more and aim for some crafted?

Forget fine steel.

Crafted stuff is cheap, and a few Cobalt pieces are cheap too(not the BP, but hands/boots are both cheap). And Im sure there are a few other random pieces that are a better use of cash than fine steel. Crafted BP is good, so is a Treeweave, depending on what you can find for less $$$. Cobalt Bracers are cheap, but you might be better off with one of those and a Hero Bracer.

Weapons should be priority #1 though. You need all the aggro help you can get. Also 5ac/55hp rings.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 30, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Anarch posted:

Maybe people are just pitying my newb ranger, but random people have been helping me out of the blue on blue.

The only disappointing thing is I farmed 25 stacks of bone chips, per the plat guides, yet no one seems to be buying. I might just dump them on an alt for future faction.

Chips /belts /silks stuff like that is hit or miss really. Dumping them on a tunnel Mule isn't a bad idea. It's pretty random if you get a buyer or not.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

4 Goons on one screen. That's some kind of record.

Also we now have a character with an officer tag permanently parked in the EC tunnel for easy guild invites if anyone needs or wants one.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Dubious posted:

does anyone have/seen a sapphire? I could use one to make a crafted bracer.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Sapphire Looks like a few vendors sell em.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Ramulack posted:

Well, i guess I'll give EQ another shot as a Paladin (Erudite that is).

Only problem is I tried to go from Erudite city to Freeport and got killed in Highpass. I kind of forgot that the main roads are blocked by Gnolls there. :negative:

Feel free to laugh / call me a scrub, names Ramulack on Blue (same as forums name, I am not original)

If you are heading to Crushbone by any chance, I have a Paladin that I don't play logged out in Felwithe that has some gear you could have. Banded/Bronze armor(if it fits you) and a Green Jade Broadsword. Name is Innernette in game, let me know.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Daaz posted:

Ugh. Screw those jerks in team good guys. what's another leveling guild i can join on blue?

edit: meh, i'll try riddle.

I'll be around later tonight on my main if someone wants to shoot me an invite to UG

What happened with Go Team Good Guys?

I should be on later tonight. I need to get my main an officer tag. But my Mule is parked in EC if you can get there I can add you easily.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Someone teach me how to TunnelQuest.

I finally have a decent amount of starter cash that I can(hopefully) buy some items to flip for a profit. Any suggestions on what to look for ?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Thanks for all the tips.

Looking forward to becoming a professional tunnel rat.

I'm loving that my main character basically doesn't need any money other than spells(mage). I was able to basically save everything I earned.

Edit: I have an alt I'd like to add to the guild. Does anyone else besides me have a tunnel rat toon with officer status? He is currently logged out in the tunnel. I'd also like to get Officer status on my main(Innernette) if possible. I am on a lot, so it might be helpful to get new goons into the guild before they get scooped up by Go Team Good Guys or whoever. I don't even know who the officers of Unknown Guild are(I forget who gave my alt officer status), other than my tunnel rat toon(Starberry).

Dirt fucked around with this message at 02:24 on May 15, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Dubious posted:

anyone on blue to invite Jhels to the invalid guild

Send me a Tell in game(innernette), my tunnelrat toon is logged out in the tunnel and has officer status. If you can get to EC I can invite you.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 16, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

robtherad posted:

Haggard Krew guild chat is full of interesting questions.

I hope you told them we are a bug and not a real guild.

/roleplay makes you show up on /w as [Anonymous]Name[Unknown Guild]. It confuses people. Someone asked me if I was a GM the other day. I like it.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 17, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Daaz posted:

So pretty much you can train people with impunity on p99.

Some jerkoff "Zuol" trained my group at sarnak ledge in LOIO for hours today. After many petitions...and hours after the guy logs off to get some rest before terrorizing the zone again tomorrow,

"First of all, we are volunteers so we can't get to everything all the time" - understandable?
"so if he does it again, petition it" - why bother?
"sorry we didn't get back to you in time! maybe next time?" i doubt it. are you going to watch this guy? what are you going to do about this?
"just petition it the next time it happens" okay thanks guy , enjoy the laughs you get watching this jerk train us all day.
"lol"

We had kicked this guys alt out of the group because he was afk for like, 20 friggen minutes. He said he was "medding" - yeah, okay.

It's crazy it took them so long to respond.

I had an issue with a guy in MM the other day, and a guide showed up within like 2 minutes of the other guy petitioning about me.

What guild was that guy who trained you in?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Jesus I just read that thread on the p1999 forum.

What a wonderful community. :psyduck:

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I love how a guide is being the biggest douche in the thread.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Daaz originally posted that thread in the main server chat (is that their gbs? Ha). It got moved to RnF later. It got pretty douchey before it hit RnF.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

So are there only certain hours that guides are in game? Or do they get to pick and choose what they do?

It's weird Daaz had to up with this dude training him for hours. Two days ago I looted a no drop item off a corpse (after the loot timer was up) that a guy was trying to get onto his lower level alt. He had killed the mob with his necro in our camp and trained us in the process. I guess he logged off the necro to loot it with his paladin.

I had a guide sending me tells and telling me to go petition on the forums for the GM to move the item in literally like two minutes.

How do we get that kind of customer service? Haha

Something seems weird here. But I'd get if maybe there are just hours where there are no guides? Both incidents (mine and Daaz's) happened during peak time, when you would assume guides would be around at least.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Looks like another "hardware failure" :(

Dirt
May 26, 2003

If we are going with :tinfoil: theories , I think it's a DDoS from people on red mad about the removal of global OOC chat! :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil: :tinfoil:

I don't even play on red, but that whole thing kinda pissed me off

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Hexel posted:

A schism has rocked the blue guild! Will we ever recover?! Roll on blue to find out..

We all agreed that the Lions suck. Crisis averted.

Dirt fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 31, 2015

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I'm partial to Robocop. He's a bard I think, in all silver plate armor.

Nice guy too.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Clay Guardian Shield is like 400pp.

25ac/50hp.

Pretty solid.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I have cash and am always looking for new ways to get richer haha.

What's the scheme here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Quite A Tool posted:

Goddamn not even a map! Apparently its been too long. I really do want to give this a shot but the time investment seems pretty frickin daunting.

Just do it already.

Get your self to EC, and then send a tell to Innernette/Rottenatomy/Starberry to get into the goon guild, and I'll hook you up with some starter stuff.

• Locked thread